Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Req: Human League Vienna 1980

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: Req: Human League Vienna 1980

Postby eddie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:46 am

negative1 wrote:people on the human league site wanted to know about those concerts, and since you didn't bother sharing them there,
that was the point.

Unbelievable. So it's up to you to decide where my stuff should be shared. Because "I couldn't be bothered" not because I didn't want to or I wanted them to be exclusive to here or it's my choice or even more likely the fact that I wasn't a member there until two days later! And you think i've got an ego problem. Look in the mirror mate but make sure it's a big one. Thank god I won't post links here anymore and thank god i never did post the 1981 shows or the rest from 86/87 that no one else seems to have.

https://soundcloud.com/user-832241738/g ... -year-1991
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Bill » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:09 am

Eddie,does us all a favour and shove all your crap tapes up your arse or stuff them in your mouth and choke on them.All you ever do is whinge and complain that your precious tapes are getting downloaded without any thanks to massage that massive ego of yours. I think its about time you pissed off elsewhere and start boring some other poor site with your inane ramblings over the crap tapes you have stockpiled that you seem to think are so precious and important.
Bill
Running Up That Hill

Postby eddie » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:45 am

Congratulations on hiding behind another username. I am disappointed it took me a while to work out who exactly you are. You see I can't believe that someone new to here would go through all my posts. But what is strangest of all is that you picked out my mentioning of thanks. Now I went all the way back through my posts to March of this year and I didn't see any whingeing as you call it about thanks because I've posted so few links that I was bothered about. So either you joined and immediately went through every post I've ever made or you're familiar with the territory or we know each other from elsewhere. I'm flattered though that you joined just to abuse me. I'd be even more flattered if I thought you had genuinely read through all my posts. Thank you for your interest. For your information I'm going nowhere.

By the way does should be do. If you're going to insult me I'd prefer it's done correctly.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Passing_Stranger » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:56 am

eddie wrote:my stuff

Well, is it really "your" stuff? Music on those tapes don't belong to you, by law it belongs to copyright owners. All you actually did was get those tapes in your posession, that's all. And you can readily be chased down for "bootlegging", if copyright owners are so inclined. So there's really something abour your ego that gets on people's tits. Perhaps you should think about it.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 am

And you share? Oh yeah officially released material, for example,
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41848&p=374294#p374294
which I never do. maybe you should think about that. So don't come claiming some imaginary moral highground because you are far from it. The sites sharing official material tend to be those taken down the most often. This is entertaining isn't it. Far more entertaining than me going into the use of 'my', 'mine', 'your' etc in the english language which I must say you are very fluent in for someone from Russia. But you do seem to be confusing 'my/mine' as in 'to own' with 'my/mine' as in 'I actually made the recording (it didn't come into my possession or from anyone else).' You might also like to do a bit of research into bands attitudes to bootlegs before you start throwing out veiled threats. The Police allowed boots on their official site in 2007, Blondie only stipulate that no boots from the current tour on their fansite, OMD seem happy for one of their most well known fans (not me) to put them out there. Maybe you prefer the free for all that is soulseek, loaded with every imaginable official release plus a whole load of videos that you definitely wouldn't want children searching through. Maybe you' re hoping I'll start shouting abuse like Bill and then you can run to the mods and get me banned. Breaking news: not happening. All I'm doing is exactly what it says on the board description. Discussing hard to find material. You just don't like the way i'm discussing it because i'm not handing it out. But nor am I making stuff that is easily available on cd available for download so I know which one of us is breaking the rules and it isn't me.
eddie
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central