Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SHARE: Erasure L'Amour USA 7" Edit ...plus

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

SHARE: Erasure L'Amour USA 7" Edit ...plus

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:17 pm

I may have shared this edit a few years back, but I decided to re-create my re-creation (hehe) using the Funky Sisters Remix from the "Wonderland" 2011 Remaster instead of the Singles Box version. Both sound excellent, but I like the 2011 Remaster slightly more. I also discovered my original re-creation faded out about 4 seconds too early according to two fairly recent videos I found on YouTube of the actual USA 7" vinyl, so this new re-creation corrects that.

The versions of The Funky Sisters Remix on both the Singles box set and the Wonderland remaster are too slow which has always nagged at me - at least compared to the original USA 12" and USA "Wonderland" CD. So I increased the pitch of the full remix 16cents to match the USA 12" & CD tempo, then proceeded to do the 7" Edit. The actual 7" Edit has the left and right channels swapped from the full-length mix (which seems to have been fairly common in the 80's for 7" single releases for some reason) so I made one version with the channels swapped and one version where the channels are the same as the full-length mix.

In FLAC:

Oh L'Amour (The Funky Sisters Remix 7" Edit - Channel Swap) 3:40
Oh L'Amour (The Funky Sisters Remix 7" Edit) 3:40
Oh L'Amour (The Funky Sisters Remix) 7:11

** EDIT: I removed the download link. See my following post for the new link **
Last edited by Fred Taghon on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Re: SHARE: Erasure L'Amour USA 7" Edit ...plus

Postby Fred Taghon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:59 am

I realized AFTER uploading and posting these tracks that there is a segment in both of the Edited versions (2:33-2:42) where I had decreased the volume and forgot to "Undo" the change. I have fixed this error and am reposting the three files in a new ZIP here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/169l5l

I will go back end edit the original posting to delete the original download link to avoid any further confusion. Sorry about that!!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Re: SHARE: Erasure L'Amour USA 7" Edit ...plus

Postby Neil Kelly » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Many thanks!!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central