Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Kim Wilde on The Last Resort 1988

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Kim Wilde on The Last Resort 1988

Postby eddie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:55 am

so i thought 'what can i do with all these vhs tapes i'm very slowly converting that won't involve them getting ripped off to youtube or people stealing the download links'?

yes that's right put them on youtube myself and cut out the middle men
Last edited by eddie on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
apf? southern boy? borntorun99? yazoost? Fucking joke? Definitely.
eddie
The Jet Set

Re: Kim Wilde on The Last Resort 1988

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:28 pm

This is great stuff to see. Thanks
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:18 am

new stuff added
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Nice additions
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:52 am

it's just a shame that youtube compresses the quality so much. Both the u2 ones can still be seen to be better quality than what was up but they are nowhere near as good as they actually are on my discs or as i expected them to appear on there. the gateshead one originates from a 2gb file and i think the smile jamaica one came in around 1.4. Plus uploading to youtube is so slow which makes it heavy going but is probably still the best option at the moment as it's pointless uploading to filehosts, not just because there are so many people ripping stuff off to guitars101 etc but there are too many takedowns happening. Most of which don't originate from record companies but 'fans' who believe they are 'protecting' their idols livelihood/reputation. It's truly pointless uploading any human league as their fans seem to go nuts. Alternatively they originate from one person who most people who have been on sites like this for many years would be aware of and if he turns up on your site you may as well call it quits.

if anyone has to sit through adverts to watch anything on my channel that is youtube's doing as i haven't monetized the channel since i don't agree with that.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:58 pm

I think I know who you're talking about. I see him discussed a lot about how for many years he causes problems on blogs etc. I'm surprised the Human League fans get upset. Without any new music it keeps the interest going.
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby Willbfree » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:29 pm

eddie wrote:it's just a shame that youtube compresses the quality so much.

Vimeo doesn't. Much larger files, better video and audio. But i''m not sure it is free to have an account there.
Willbfree
Take On Me

Return to Obscure 80s Central