Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: Missing Persons 7" Edits

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: Missing Persons 7" Edits

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:13 pm

After posting my request for a lossless rip of Missing Persons' "Rhyme & Reason" CD, i figured I might as well go ahead and offer some inspiration. So here are my own re-creations of the USA 7" Edits for "Windows" and "Walking In L.A.", edited from my copy of the Missing Persons "Classic Masters" compilation CD. As far as I can tell, the 7" Edit of "Windows" has never been released on any official CD or digital format. It also happens to be my favorite "version" of the song.

In FLAC format:

Windows (7" Edit) 3:49
Walking In L.A. (7" Edit) 3:38

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mh4rhe
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Re: Share: Missing Persons 7" Edits

Postby Sean » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Fred, do you mind re-uploading the "Windows" track again. For some reason, I can't play the one I got from you when you original posted this.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:48 am

Sean wrote:Fred, do you mind re-uploading the "Windows" track again. For some reason, I can't play the one I got from you when you original posted this.

Sorry about the delay! Here is a link to my re-creation of the "Windows" 7" Edit (FLAC):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4patu2
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Just realized I saved the FLAC file to wrong location so I actually uploaded the AIFF file. This should be easily converted to WAV for anyone who isn't a Mac user though.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks much Fred. Windows is my favorite MP track. Nice to hear a 7 inch edit of it. Well done my friend.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Thank you, Fred, for the re-upload. I somehow missed this the first time as well. Any chance of re-uploading "Walking in L.A. [7" Edit]" as well? I love your 7" re-creations. :)
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 am

Bellenger1981 wrote:Thank you, Fred, for the re-upload. I somehow missed this the first time as well. Any chance of re-uploading "Walking in L.A. [7" Edit]" as well? I love your 7" re-creations. :)

Here's my "Walking In L.A. (7" Edit)" re-creation for ya. I uploaded the uncompressed AIFF file of this since that's the format I shared here earlier with my "Windows (7" Edit)" re-creation. As with that re-creation, I used the "Classic Masters" 2002 24bit remaster CD.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/abx9fx
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Bellenger1981 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Thank you so much, Fred! I will download when I get home.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:53 am

Fred, did you happen to do one for Noticeable Ones?
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:39 am

Sean wrote:Fred, did you happen to do one for Noticeable Ones?

No I haven't. Is there one? I don't see anything on discogs about it being on anything but the "Spring Session M" album? Hmmmmm
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:31 pm

I don't think I have seen one but thought you may have done one with all of the other ones that you've done.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Sean wrote:I don't think I have seen one but thought you may have done one with all of the other ones that you've done.

Oh, no I haven't, sorry hehe. I generally just re-create existing official edits. There have been a few exceptions here and there, but not many. Besides, that track is already pretty short! ;-)
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:36 pm

There does appear to be a "Words" 7" edit from the Netherlands 7 inch that clocks in at 3:40. That would be a cool one to have and interesting to hear.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Return to Obscure 80s Central