Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Req: Kon Kan - Puss N' Boots Promo CD Single

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Req: Kon Kan - Puss N' Boots Promo CD Single

Postby Sean » Wed May 23, 2018 11:47 am

Does anyone have this in FLAC or WAV format they can share? Would love to get the cd single but the price is just way too outrageous for me.

https://www.discogs.com/Kon-Kan-Puss-N- ... se/1370640
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Re: Req: Kon Kan - Puss N' Boots Promo CD Single

Postby Fred Taghon » Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Here it is in WAV:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/fh4udo

Full disclosure, this CD is one that I had edited the gaps on years ago before backing it up and selling it. For some reason back then I was obsessed with gaps between songs that I deemed "too long" lol. This was also well before making "perfect rips" with Exact Audio Copy (XLD for Macs) was a thing. HOWEVER, as many of you readers are aware I recently went on a mad campaign to fix all the CD's I had edited. "Puss N' Boots" is one of them. While I was unable to find a perfect FLAC rip to use as a guide to repair my gap edits (just the FLAC rip I myself had uploaded around 2009 - and it was my edited tracks) I did find an MP3 rip that appeared to be legit. I remember the gaps for this one being exceptionally long, and the MP3 rip I found indeed has longer than normal gaps. So I repaired all the gaps on my original AIFF files. It may not be an exact copy of the original disc, but it DOES now exactly duplicate of the gaps present in the MP3's, which I assume is extremely close to accurate.

I have opted to share this in WAV because this CD is insanely hard to come by and, yes, way too expensive when you do. Heck, when I sold it around 2003 I think I maybe got $25 for it! So I'm happy to offer this rarity in full uncompressed CD quality.

I've also included my own scan of the back insert I had done before selling the CD on eBay.

NOTICE: I just realized on both the individual tracks and disc title I spelled it with the apostrophe before the "N". All titles should in fact have the apostrophe AFTER the "N": "Puss N' Boots/These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" - Sorry!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Wed May 23, 2018 7:49 pm

Thanks a million Fred!!!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Zara-Thustra » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:08 am

Thank you Fred Taghon :D
Zara-Thustra