Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Stabilizers Unreleased 2nd Album "Teasing Enrico"

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Stabilizers Unreleased 2nd Album "Teasing Enrico"

Postby Glen » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:23 am

Pretty sure that this is a lost cause, but in reading up on the Stabilizers, it's my understanding that they recorded a 2nd album that never saw the light of day due to record company mergers. Apparently the title was "Teasing Enrico." Always wondered what that followed to "Tyrany" would have sounded like. Anyone else know anything else about it?
Glen
Personal Jesus

Re: Stabilizers Unreleased 2nd Album "Teasing Enrico"

Postby LPCDMP3 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:41 pm

First I've heard of it. Never knew they recorded anything after the first album. Just found out today Dave died.
http://www.goerie.com/news/20171217/lead-singer-of-hit-80s-band-stabilizers-from-erie-dies-at-54
LPCDMP3
Take On Me

Postby Qbertqubes » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:17 am

sad...another one going too young
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby PaL » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:35 am

"I was the original keyboardist for the Stabilizers in Erie, PA in 1985. Following the success of their first album, released in '86, they recorded a second album in 1987. However, that was about the time that Sony took over CBS Records, and management pulled the plug on the second release. Even though I went to grad school in 1985, Dave and Rich invited me to play sax on a track of the second, unreleased album. Dave was kind enough to send me a cassette tape of the unreleased second album, "Teasing Enrico." I still have it, in good shape. I just have to digitize it into mp3s or whatever. Feel free to write me at jchuck1@hotmail.com if you have questions."
PaL
Take On Me

Postby Glen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:14 pm

PaL wrote:"I was the original keyboardist for the Stabilizers in Erie, PA in 1985. Following the success of their first album, released in '86, they recorded a second album in 1987. However, that was about the time that Sony took over CBS Records, and management pulled the plug on the second release. Even though I went to grad school in 1985, Dave and Rich invited me to play sax on a track of the second, unreleased album. Dave was kind enough to send me a cassette tape of the unreleased second album, "Teasing Enrico." I still have it, in good shape. I just have to digitize it into mp3s or whatever. Feel free to write me at jchuck1@hotmail.com if you have questions."

Yes, I found that too, but unfortunately both the email and website were not working addresses.
Glen
Personal Jesus

Postby Rothgarr » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 pm

I’m lucky to have the FULL album of Teasing Enrico, ALL DIGITAL.

I’ve been a huge Stabilizers fan ever since Tyranny came out. In 1987 my high school band played “One Simple Thing” in our set for senior year high school battle of the bands. In the mid 90s another band I was in played “If I Found Rome” in our set.

Anyway, in the late 90s/early 2000s I took a shot a wrote both Rich Nevens and Dave Christenson an email. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Tyranny over the years and asked if they ever had any additional material, what happened to the band, etc. Dave never replied but Rich did. He told me about how record companies were pushing grunge etc. and a new album was recorded but never published.

I couldn’t believe when he offered to send me a CD of the album. He followed shortly after and emailed me a bonus track ("Make you Feel" below).

Here’s the “Teasing Enrico” track listing (not necessarily the order it would have been if it were published, this is the order that Rich had on the CD):
01 Go Wait For....mp3
02 Free Yourself.mp3
03 The Only One.mp3 <- This song is really pretty
04 Falling Away.mp3
05 Glass House.mp3 <- Great song
06 Long Way.mp3 <— This song is AWESOME
07 The Drive.mp3
08 Make you Feel.mp3 <- This song is AWESOME

Every song on Teasing Enrico is good, but Tyranny was better. Teasing Enrico is overall a slower album than Tyranny was. But it still sounds absolutely 80s. I hear influences of Richard Marx, the Fixx, Heart, even some of Rush’s late 80s-mid90s keyboard-heavy songs. My favorite songs on Teasing Enrico are “Long Way” and “Make You Feel”.

Rothgarr
Running Up That Hill

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:17 am

Hi Rothgarr: I too love the Stabilizers. Can you upload the MP3s you have. I would love to listen to it. Thanks again
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby elevatorman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:05 pm

I second that. Would LOVE to hear it!!!
elevatorman
Take On Me

Postby crichert » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:58 pm

I'd also LOVE to hear that album, if you'd be so kind as to share it with us, Rothgarr!!!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Glen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Same here! This is one of my most sought-after albums ever, and I had just assumed it was a lost cause!
Glen
Personal Jesus

Postby synthwavefan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:23 am

That would be incredible Rothgarr if you could share it please. If you were sent a CD, FLAC would be even better. Too bad the bonus track was not on the CD.
synthwavefan
Take On Me

Postby PaL » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:38 am

Rothgarr, could you please tease us even more? :D
PaL
Take On Me

Postby Sean » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Lol, Teasing Everybody!!!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Qbertqubes » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:02 am

Rothgarr:

You are building up quite a fan base...do not let your fans down :)

enrico
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby elevatorman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Man, I am wondering if we got trolled. If so, I gotta hand it to you Rothgarr.
elevatorman
Take On Me

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central