Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

REQ: Howard Jones - Transform (2cd edition)

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: REQ: Howard Jones - Transform (2cd edition)

Postby oldwaver2 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:47 pm

Eddie, I thought you were deleting your account and going away?

Nowadays, when your family and friends ignore you because you are an asshole,
you can take to social media and shit-talk, stir-the-pot and alienate a whole new group of people
who will never have to see your ugly mug in person.
Why should we even have an "eddie" swimming around in our consciousness?
oldwaver2
Take On Me

Postby eddie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:47 am

yes so many people ignoring my posts must be the reason why they nearly all have thousands of views.

I guess knowing what you all can't get hold of is a bit of a pisser but hey ho.

Thanks for all your valuable contributions.

Yes you're right I have asked for my account deleting when they can be bothered to do it but meanwhile let's have some fun.

I've also let them know about all the people who use multiple usernames to request even more than they already do. Work those ones out for yourselves.

Fuck knows what your last sentence means but I'm sure bossman "Bill" will be along to tell me sometime soon.

Love you too (cry) baby.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby tippywooder » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:29 pm

I've already actually spent £25, on the vinyl edition of the album. Times are hard for some of us, and so I don't want to buy the deluxe and make that £50 for one album (or, breaking it down, £25 for five songs).

I was just hoping (naively perhaps) that someone would be kind enough to upload and perhaps send me a link via DM, and in return I have HJ stuff I could send them.

I don't know why anyone would hoard stuff or detail what they have but not be prepared to share...

It's that simple, and I don't understand why there seems to have been a fight break out.
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Postby moni » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:20 pm

Personally i think Mr Jones is a money grabbing little rat which all started with those box sets about 10 years ago.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:33 pm

Drip-feeding extra tracks to your fans has become the norm across the industry so Howard is only doing what everyone else does. They are all trying to make up for the decrease in physical sales which none of them for. By the industry's own admission that is why ticket prices have become so over the top along with the meet n greet or soundcheck packages.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 am

I recommend researching every release to find the best version to buy & in this case, you should have went for the CD version first & it would have ended there. Not because it has the extra tracks but because ..it is on CD which only makes sense. I hate when bonus tracks are sometimes released only on vinyl which was not the case 30 + years ago & should not be today. Thank Howard Jones for giving you a Deluxe version option.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby tippywooder » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:40 am

I can see your point, but that doesn't work for me - I hate CDs, and I always buy the vinyl.

It's the only format that works for me on a day to day basis (though I do also have an external hard drive full of MP3s as an iTunes 'library').

I'd be happy to (if someone asked) share any extra tracks from vinyl rips I make myself.
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Bill » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:08 pm

oldwaver2 wrote:Eddie, I thought you were deleting your account and going away?

Nowadays, when your family and friends ignore you because you are an asshole,
you can take to social media and shit-talk, stir-the-pot and alienate a whole new group of people
who will never have to see your ugly mug in person.
Why should we even have an "eddie" swimming around in our consciousness?

Well said Oldwaver
Bill
Running Up That Hill

Postby eddie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Six posts cowardly bossman bill and none of them has anything to do with music. All to do with your fixation with me.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby oldwaver2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:11 am

I've been coming to this forum since its inception. I mostly peruse the 'News, reissues, and compilation' & 'Obscure 80s Central' forums/sections. Over the years I've acquired priceless knowledge about New Wave reissues and rarities no where else to be found but here, but the drama is almost unfuckingbearable.

The one thing I've learned about Art, Movies, Music, Literature or anything creative is that some of the worst human beings are attached to all of these endeavors. I've always felt "creativity" is a process for one to rise above humanity but like the laws of gravity "What goes up must come down" and once again the face of humanity rears its ugly head. The process of creativity is also the journey of finding an inner-peace. So I guess that is why so many "Dickheads" align themselves with something "creative".

Please remember that the sanctimony which you are experiencing is an illusionary substitute that is masking your desensitized olfactory response from cognitively detecting your head is still lodged far up your ass.
oldwaver2
Take On Me

Postby eddie » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:46 am

Yeah that's why i keep getting pms from the nice, friendly, sensible folk on here.

As I said before thanks for all your vital contributions in the time you've graced us with your prescence. Do you still not see that I don't give a flying fuck what you say. You could be wanking off over another fifteen seconds of remix instead of wasting your time typing.

I know you'll be turning up later bill, before or after you've been to greasy lake, so hello.

Make the most of bill folks, once I'm out of here, so will he be. Satnav in 2008 chevrolet cobalt trying to track me down elsewhere.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby tippywooder » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:01 pm

Well, this thread seems to have escalated out of all proportion, doesn't it? :-/
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Postby eddie » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:47 pm

There's a few ways to look at it:

1 it keeps your request at the top

2 swerve the facts and -braincells have got others to do their dirty work for them while they sit back looking whiter than white

oh and number

3 I just deleted my request to have my account removed thanks to oldwaver and bill, well done fellas

and bill is now so famous someone has written a song about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8sI_nDq2kw&app=desktop

A christmas number one beckons. At least being on top of the pops will give you something to do on christmas day Bill instead of being stuck in a restaurant on your own.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:44 am

got the japanese bluspec CD of this.

it has all the extra mixes as bonus tracks.

so buy it from amazon, its not that expensive.

mixes are great, as expected.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central