Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby lovejones » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi everyone. I wanted to do something a bit different. Though not new wave, it existed right beside it and a few new wave bands even got into the groove.

Image
Sophisti-Pop Sampler No. 1 - Raining On Jocelyn Square
https://mega.nz/file/9co2kK4R#XuqZKvSuk ... KZGoifCY80

Image
Sophisti-Pop Sampler No. 2 - On The Beach
https://mega.nz/file/0FoBCJJY#rFFFrosiv ... r2waRUFnVE

Image
Sophisti-Pop Sampler No. 3 - Slow Motion Kisses
https://mega.nz/file/kBYS0aLJ#v1qMeyVJk ... p_HjHXxYY0[/url]
lovejones
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 am

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby xymox970 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:36 am

Wow.......this is sooooo wonderful to see for someone like me. Exactly right up my alley.

Thank you very very much ! :D
xymox970
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 am
Location: Croatia

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:52 am

Thank you very much. Tracks on these CDs are amazing!!!
Hit that perfect beat!
User avatar
AJWAVE
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:46 am
Location: Lima - Peru

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby crichert » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:13 am

Nice share - thank you!!
crichert
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:11 am
Location: Canada

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby oldwaver2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:27 am

Thanks for these.
I don't want to open up the age old debate,
but the sub-genre Sophisti-Pop falls under the "New Wave" genre category.
New Wave is a time period but also a musical style.
"New Wave" was the alternative to Rock, Hard-Rock and Heavy Metal of the 70s & 80s.
The term "New Wave" was coined from the phrase,
"The New Wave of Rock N' Roll"
The term "New Wave" was also a marketing ploy to rebrand the late 70's "Power-pop & Pub-Rock" bands as new music.
It covered most of the pop artists from 1976 -1989.
This included the sub-genres of Power-Pop, Euro-disco, New Romantic, Sophisti-Pop,
Synth-pop, Post-Punk, British-Pop, Ska revival, Mod revival, Rockabilly revival, Goth,
EBM, Industrial, Guitar/Jangle pop revival, Coldwave, Italo -Disco, and Minimal Synth.
In the 90s several "New Wave" artists were rebranded as "Alternative".
oldwaver2
Take On Me
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:12 am

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Wow the compilations turning up here are amazing. Thank you to all for taking the time to share them.
maccafan076
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: USA

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby lovejones » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I was half-afraid this would get ignored and lost in the shuffle. The main reason why I did this was someone who I'm acquainted with in an FB group told me that he has never seen a sophisti-pop compilation before and that he would want me to take a stab at it. This trilogy is the result. I actually want to go for one more once I find the time and inspiration.
lovejones
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 am

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby AJWAVE » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 am

lovejones wrote:Thanks for the kind words, guys. I was half-afraid this would get ignored and lost in the shuffle. The main reason why I did this was someone who I'm acquainted with in an FB group told me that he has never seen a sophisti-pop compilation before and that he would want me to take a stab at it. This trilogy is the result. I actually want to go for one more once I find the time and inspiration.

Amazing buddy!
the cover looks so professional. do you have the complete artwork? or need some help with it?
Hit that perfect beat!
User avatar
AJWAVE
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:46 am
Location: Lima - Peru

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby lovejones » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:27 am

AJWAVE wrote:
lovejones wrote:Thanks for the kind words, guys. I was half-afraid this would get ignored and lost in the shuffle. The main reason why I did this was someone who I'm acquainted with in an FB group told me that he has never seen a sophisti-pop compilation before and that he would want me to take a stab at it. This trilogy is the result. I actually want to go for one more once I find the time and inspiration.

Amazing buddy!
the cover looks so professional. do you have the complete artwork? or need some help with it?


man, go for it! i would love to see how you'll interpret the whole set in art! i'm just an amateur graphics enthusiast and the only software i use is corel. i don't know anything about manipulating images
lovejones
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 am

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby AJWAVE » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:52 am

lovejones wrote:
AJWAVE wrote:
lovejones wrote:Thanks for the kind words, guys. I was half-afraid this would get ignored and lost in the shuffle. The main reason why I did this was someone who I'm acquainted with in an FB group told me that he has never seen a sophisti-pop compilation before and that he would want me to take a stab at it. This trilogy is the result. I actually want to go for one more once I find the time and inspiration.

Amazing buddy!
the cover looks so professional. do you have the complete artwork? or need some help with it?


man, go for it! i would love to see how you'll interpret the whole set in art! i'm just an amateur graphics enthusiast and the only software i use is corel. i don't know anything about manipulating images


Cool buddy... i love the cover pics. where do you find them? i know the font (i think so) so there's no problem to complete your artwork
if you can send me the three pics (only the girls pics) i'll be very grateful

Julio
Hit that perfect beat!
User avatar
AJWAVE
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:46 am
Location: Lima - Peru

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby lovejones » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:00 am

@AJ/Julio

here you go

https://mega.nz/file/wERDhALD#Jsnv2dzwSvO0gSa16VrOnONp_uKy3pjvns1FGCJx-u8

i tried sending this to you via pm but it's still stuck in the outbox
lovejones
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 am

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby eddie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:17 am

@lovejones that just means they haven't checked their messages it's not a problem with the site or how the pm system works.
Now processing the complete live works of OMD.
eddie
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:59 am

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby lovejones » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:41 am

eddie wrote:@lovejones that just means they haven't checked their messages it's not a problem with the site or how the pm system works.

I see. Thanks
lovejones
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 am

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby Gazebo Music » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:05 am

The Friday Club - Window Shopping (85)

Thank you LJ and welcome!
Gazebo Music
Take On Me
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:43 am

Re: SHARE: Three Sophisti-Pop Car Mixtapes

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:07 pm

Cool!!!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:56 am
Location:


Return to Obscure 80s Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests