Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

B.E.F ident question

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

B.E.F ident question

Postby humanracer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:32 am

I am trying to put together all the versions of the B.E.F idents. I was surprised to find the 7" and 12" versions of I'm Your Money have different versions of the ident.

I have numbered them below but the numbering is mine, they were never officially numbered. The times given are the actual times, not the track times which often include seconds of silence.

B.E.F Ident #1:
Music For Listening LP/CD 0:29

I'm Your Money 7" 0:25 (this finishes early and then has a 5 seconds instrumental section that precedes the 7" version of Are Everything. Since this instrumental section isn't included in the versions of Are Everything, I am assuming this is neither part of that track or the ident but a separate instrumental)

Penthouse & Pavement 2006 remaster (CD version only) 0:29
The Music For Listening to had a distorted ending that sounded like tape being slowed down. This effect has been reduced on the remaster, perhaps assuming it was an error whereas I think it was intentional.

Play To Win 2019 box set 0:29
Similar to the 2006 but slightly different mastering

Penthouse & Pavement 2010 remaster 0:25
Alternate version. Essentially a demo version of the ident

B.E.F Ident #2:
This version had special effects added to it

(We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang 12" 0:26
So80s 2011 compilation 0:26

B.E.F Ident #3:
This one had even more special affects added to it
I'm Your Money 12" 0:28

So I would like to know what is on the (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang CDM from 1988? I assume B.E.F ident two and three.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Re: B.E.F ident question

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:45 pm

I find this an interesting idea. Would you be able to post it when it's done?
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby drivel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Not my rip but supposedly Heaven 17 - (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang (1981) {CDT21 CD 1988}: https://fil.email/Iok7ZhV4
drivel
Take On Me

Postby humanracer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:07 pm

drivel wrote:Not my rip but supposedly Heaven 17 - (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang (1981) {CDT21 CD 1988}: https://fil.email/Iok7ZhV4

Thanks!
Also noticed it's different on the We Don't Need this 7" too, also on the boxset.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central