Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 39

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 39

Postby Rissan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:09 am

After months of preparation I present you Volume 39. The featured songs on this Volume were mostly selected from demos. So you understand that a lot of the bands never made it into the industry, although some were active for quite awhile. Also be aware the quality may vary.

The first song is very special to me. Call it a guilty pleasure. I have been a huge fan of Perry Rhodan since the mid eighties and read the mags every week 'till halfway through the nineties. The avatar I use of the board is Gucky, one of the main characters of the series. Recently I have discovered the series again, since someone is posting the digital versions of the mags on the internet. I started with issue 1000, which funny enough has the same cover as the single of Sensus. Concerning Sensus this was the project of producer and songwriter Eddy Hilberts, which released 3 singles between 1984 and 1986. He was also active in Kadanz, The Kelly Family among others.

The songs of Moscow Tops, Het Chateau d'If and Ego Produkties are from recent re-released cassettes by Diggin' Demos.

De Cylinders track is from vinyl, as are Save The Robots and What Fun!.

What Fun! was active from 1981 to 1989 and had a top 3 hit in the Netherlands with the song The Right Side Won; a protest song about the Falkland War. The single was released in Britain as well but was boycotted because of the subject. the band tried to release the song in South Africa as well, but they were banned because of the mixed races in the band. The single Let's Get Digital was the first record containing digital code. When you recorded the digital code on a cassette, you could upload it to a personal computer which showed the group's logo on a screen.

The track of The Good Cause (Het Goede Doel) was taken from the compilation The Golden Years Of Dutch Pop Music. This is a growing series of double cd compilations of Dutch artists and bands which were active over the past 60 years. Each compilations is about one band and are interesting, since they not only feature the singles and well known songs but also B-sides and rarities. in this case Luxemburg, the English version of België, which was released three years after the Dutch version became a huge hit in the Netherlands. The Band also tried to gain ground in Germany by releasing the single Allein/Fragen, which never saw a Dutch release although the tracks were featured on their debut album, released a year earlier.

So that brings us to a total of 7 songs of the 22 songs featured on this Volume.

The 15 other tracks are all from demo's. Of those 15 bands Sjako! is the best known name. The band is still active, although their last album dates from 2016.
The band Triplex was featured before. But that track came from the altered bandname Triple-X.
Buster Smiles was active from 1983 to 1984, releasing 2 demos, 1 album and 3 singles. Their guitarist Ger Hoeijmaker later played in the Frank Boeijen Groep.
Oppenheimer Offbeat was the band of guitarist Henk Gubbels, later in Weekend At Waikiki.

The tracks:

01. Sensus - Perry Rhodan … More Than A Million Lightyears From Home… (3:59)
02. Hegt - Point Of No Return (4:17)
03. Moscow Tops - Ballrooms Of Amsterdam (4:20)
04. De Cylinders - Freddy Mercury (2:40)
05. Het Chateau d'If -Northern House (2:39)
06. Ego Produkties - Black Out Game (3:11)
07. Save The Robots - 9 Planets (4:10)
08. Accidental Gap - This Boring Game (3:24)
09. What Fun! - Let's Get Digital (3:20)
10. Happy Few - Stop The Clock (3:54)
11. Buster Smiles - Slowing Down Time (2:59)
12. Oppenheimer Offbeat - My Friend Mr Pgee (3:41)
13. Sjako! - Overload (3:29)
14. The Commercial Attack - Panoramic Views (2:46)
15. Pustinjak - Pustinjak (3:31)
16. The Jury - The Race (3:15)
17. Me Primitive - Mrs. Ozkan (3:40)
18. The View - Cricketfield (3:46)
19. Nurse - Nobody's Girl (3:15)
20. Zymotic - Lifted Faces (4:12)
21. Triplex - Talkative Girl (2:45)
22. The Good Cause - Luxemburg (6:01)

The link: https://mega.nz/file/BgxA3ZpR#3A8KiGgnD ... YgCmVDgFrM

Enjoy.
Rissan
The Jet Set

Re: An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 39

Postby crichert » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:54 am

Thank you, Ris! Merry Christmas!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Gazebo Music » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:01 am

Merry Christmas Ris!

It has been an absolute pleasure listening to your collections and discovering some of the finest obscure 80s tracks for the first time!

All the best my friend!
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Looks good. Can't wait to listen. Thanks :)
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central