Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: The Dolphin Brothers - Catch The Fall (Japanese CD)

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: The Dolphin Brothers - Catch The Fall (Japanese CD)

Postby 80rulez » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:40 am

Guys,

I just love this album so much. I purchased them twice both the UK & Japanese CD.

The Japanese CD has the extra track "Face To Face"

I also scanned the whole booklet, Enjoy!

In FLAC:

https://mega.nz/file/djZCRZTK#P4NzgnzoT ... GsJKV3Bp-c
80rulez
Take On Me

Re: Share: The Dolphin Brothers - Catch The Fall (Japanese C

Postby AJWAVE » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:10 am

Thank you for share.
EMI should have released this a long time ago with "Face to Face" and the Am Ex Mix of "Shining", Although that would not happen.
Dolphin Brothers did not get the credit it deserved as a more radio friendly version of Japan.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby 80rulez » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 am

I agree that The full album plus the singles & b-side would be excellent. Instead, they opt to released Japan stuffs over and over again.

The duo released a more ambient album "Stories Across Borders" which is also quite good. I have their later indie releases like beginning to melt, flame etc...which I don't enjoy that much.

I do enjoy the Rain Tree Crow and Nine Horses iterations though.
80rulez
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:49 am

80rulez wrote:I agree that The full album plus the singles & b-side would be excellent. Instead, they opt to released Japan stuffs over and over again.

The duo released a more ambient album "Stories Across Borders" which is also quite good. I have their later indie releases like beginning to melt, flame etc...which I don't enjoy that much.

I do enjoy the Rain Tree Crow and Nine Horses iterations though.

I remember heard "SAB" somewhere in 90's. I enjoy the ambient stuff but not 24/7. And yes, you're right. EMI releases the same Japan stuff endlessly. On Nightporter's Paul Rymer page (Japan connoisseur) he had made a tracklist of stuff not yet available on cd plus b-sides and single edits. Something that made this compilation more interesting than the UK edition of "Exorcising ghosts" or the japanese "Prophetique" box, which was the 3 hansa studio albums and a single CD with 3 songs.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby AJWAVE » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 am

Paul Rymer's nightporters site track list for a JAPAN compilation

CD1 - Hits (running time approx 74 minutes)

1 Quiet Life (Japanese single edit - unreleased on CD)* Available on streaming services and will be included on CD on march 2021
2 Life In Tokyo (1982 single mix)*
3 European Son (Steve Nye single mix - only on CD in Japan)*
4 Gentlemen Take Polaroids (single version)
5 Nightporter (Steve Nye single version or DJ Edit version - both unreleased on CD)
6 Ghosts (single version)
7 Cantonese Boy
8 Bamboo Music (Sylvian & Sakamoto single - 7" version unreleased on CD)
9 Bamboo Houses (as above - 7" single version unreleased on CD)
10 Visions Of China (long version - only on rare OOP Kult Klassics compilation CD)
11The Art Of Parties (7" single version - unreleased on CD)
12 Sensitive (Mick Karn single - original mix unreleased on CD)
13I Second That Emotion (Steve Nye single mix - only on CD in Japan)*
14 All Tomorrow's Parties (Steve Nye single mix)*
14 Sometimes I Feel So Low (hit in Japan)*
15 The Unconventional (hit in Japan)*
16 Adolescent Sex (single version) (hit in The Netherlands)*
17 Don't Rain On My Parade (hit in Australia)*

CD2 - B-sides and rare tracks (running time approx 74 minutes)

1 Some Kind Of Fool (Japan version unreleased - scheduled for single release in 1982 but cancelled in favour of Nightporter)
2 Swing (single mix - unreleased except as video soundtrack)
3 Ain't That Peculiar (Nightporter b-side single version - unreleased on CD)
4 Taking Islands In Africa (Steve Nye mix)
5 Burning Bridges (7" Polaroids EP version - unreleased on CD)
6 The Experience Of Swimming (B-side of Polaroids and Cantonese Boy)
7 The Width Of A Room (Polaroids EP track)
8 A Foreign Place (Quiet Life B-side)*
9 The Sound Of Waves (Mick Karn's Sensitive b-side - the single version has never been released on CD)
10 Life Without Buildings (Art Of Parties b-side)
11 Virgin Video sound ID (only on VHS - "Oil On canvas" & "Instant Pictures")
12 Canton (Live) (single version - unreleased on CD)
13 The Art Of Parties (live version - Ghosts B-side)
14 Goodnight (duet with Akiko Yano - only on CD in Japan on the albums "Ai Ga Nakucha Ne" and "From Japan To Japan") (Midi Inc).

This tracklist was made about 4 or 5 years ago so most of the tracks are already available in remastered cds or streaming services only the tracks in bold letters are (as far as I know) not yet available in digital version
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:59 am

Well it won't be long before someone appears to request that compilation.
apf? southern boy? borntorun99? yazoost? Fucking joke? Definitely.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:29 am

eddie wrote:Well it won't be long before someone appears to request that compilation.

Paul have a extensive collection that includes some bootlegs and compilations...but as he states in his website some of them are for personal use (e.g. hansa rare and virgin rare tracks)
"This page includes for the most part bootlegs that have not been factory manufactured. Many other Japan shows are in circulation on the file sharing networks and on fan made CD's. Sorry - none of these are for sale or trade from this website. Most of these bootlegs can be gained for free from other fans via the various online forums, or for small sums from a multitude of dealers on ebay. Do not get ripped off - get to know other fans before parting with your cash - a good starting place is the Yahoo! Group."
a very smart guy
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:58 am

Yeah it's easy to spot the real fans who will help each other out and those who have no intention of ever doing anything but request.

"wouldn't it be good" if we could put an unheard recording out now and then. Let's say, on a wednesday afternoon?
apf? southern boy? borntorun99? yazoost? Fucking joke? Definitely.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:07 am

In the JAPAN fans group, there are two or three hardcore fans who have gotten the live bootlegs from Japanese pages ("GiginJapan" is the only one that comes to mind) to realize that it is exactly the same as what they already have. Not even the slightest effort to improve quality. Anyway, most of the live material is readily available on the web. :wink:
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby CharlburyF1 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Thank you very much for this

Rob
CharlburyF1
Take On Me

Return to Obscure 80s Central