Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Request: Fashion live in 1982

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Request: Fashion live in 1982

Postby tvmorbid » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:54 am

Hi all, I have a rather specific request;

I'm looking for 2 live bootleg shows from Fashion in early 1982. This was just before De Harriss left the band I believe. The 2 gigs are from Sheffield and Edinburgh. I know they exist somewhere online because I saw them on a fan site aaaaaages ago, however I can no longer find that site :( Any help at all would be appreciated!
tvmorbid
Running Up That Hill

Re: Request: Fashion live in 1982

Postby Shelleyanorphan » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:45 am

Hi tvmorbid!

Thought I was the only one who’d been searching for these shows! Had posted a request the day day before in the live shows forum.

I also saw the 2 shows posted on that fan site that no longer exists, real shame not to have got them in time. From memory one was from Sheffield and the other from Valentino’s in Edinburgh in Feb ‘82. I only have a couple of tracks, but they show they are top rate quality recordings.

Here’s hoping!

Cheers
Shelleyanorphan
Running Up That Hill

Postby eddie » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:47 am

If you want you can pm me the dead sites name as I know some people who used to have sites. Don't put the name on the forum though. If you can pm me exact dates, venues that would be good, thanks.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby tvmorbid » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:09 am

Thanks for your reply, eddie! I've PM'd you.
tvmorbid
Running Up That Hill

Postby eddie » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:18 am

You're welcome, just asked in four very secure private places. Couple of extra options to try later. Nothing should be truly dead or unavailable anymore but it may be underground. I'll do some dead blog hopping later.I like a challenge.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby tvmorbid » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:58 am

Thank you, eddie! I really appreciate your help with this :)
tvmorbid
Running Up That Hill

Postby pascalb » Tue May 24, 2022 11:08 am

I downloaded them years ago
I've included the Troy Tate one as well.
All decent quality...

https://mega.nz/file/SdhgFSgT#REbS5FvLj ... B9DWNhEQBE
pascalb
Running Up That Hill

Postby eddie » Tue May 24, 2022 10:39 pm

oh look maccafan you finally got them despite us. Get jumping.
eddie
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central