Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Broken Edge

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Broken Edge

Postby danelf » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:53 am

It's worth a shot. Ive been looking for this group for quite sometime now. They're called Broken Edge and they released just one album in 1984 on Polydor. The song and the album that I'm looking for is called "Time for a change" I don't really care for the whole album, just the song. I own a song by them from "The Karate Kid" soundtrack (No Shelter) which I really don't care much about. It's just this damn song!! It's been haunting me for nearly 20 years!
MP3 anyone?
danelf
Switchin' to Glide

Postby ocean » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:29 pm

The song you are looking for "No Shelter" by Broken Edge was not on their album entitled "Time For A Change". As far as I know, the only place to get "No Shelter" is on the Karate Kid soundtrack CD which not too long ago was reissued in Australia. You can
ocean
Take On Me

Postby Jason² » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:26 pm

Um, Ocean... did you read his post?
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby ocean » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:20 pm

Wow - I was asleep at the wheel on that one.....started responding and just kept going in the wrong direction......too much work - thanks for the reminder that I was lost at sea on that response. I guess good intentions still count for something?
ocean
Take On Me

Postby danelf » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:40 am

Thanks Ocean, good intentions do count, I'm sure. It would have been better if you had told me something like "Hey! I've got the MP3 you're looking for right here" But hey, who's complaining, right?

I found the album on CDBBQ (converted to CD) for $42.
danelf
Switchin' to Glide

Postby nickrock23 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:28 pm

hey if someone has the mp3 for "please answer me" by broken edge, can you send it to me? i found it a few years ago off a server in like china or something. anyway i lost all my files when i got a virus and thats one of the only mp3's i could never find a
nickrock23
Running Up That Hill

Return to Obscure 80s Central