Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Hub despair

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Hub despair

Postby cassfrank » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:40 am

I can't get on the hub. Well, actually, I can get on it, I just can't download anything. I've done some searches about how to change this: click such and such a box in network, set this IP, change that port, click here, click there. Honestly, I'm not a total luddite with computers but I simply can't figure this out. Anyone in Denver want to come to my place and help me? I've got tons of cool stuff to share and everytime I read about something on the Hub I've been dying to get I just get depressed. It's a sad state of affairs folks.
cassfrank
Take On Me

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:03 am

Can you see the list of users? Can you browse their files? Are you getting any kind of error messages at all? Have you tried emailing tigermn or waukena?
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Postby British » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:35 am

It's worse for me. I CAN get on the hub, I've opened up the firewall ports, but I can't download a single dang thing. I can upload just fine, but can't download. heck, I tried getting a file list from ALL users, and it timed out.

Soo, anyone up for
British
Room at the Top

Postby noodles » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:01 am

have you tried going passive instead of active? it's not as sexy, as you are only able to hook up with active users..(passive can't get other passive).

soulseek is ok, transfers take forever. could we set up a room just for us and not have everyone e
noodles
Personal Jesus

Postby cassfrank » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:14 am

I can see a list of users but can't browse their files. The error message I get is something like (I'm not on my home comp now) "timed out." I've tried active vs passive, no go.

Looking at the DCC FAQs I think it has something to do with ports not bei
cassfrank
Take On Me

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:36 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by cassfrank[/i]
<br>I can see a list of users but can't browse their files. The error message I get is somethi
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top

Postby asoundhound » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:06 am

I can get on but keep getting timeouts on pretty much everyone I try to browse.
asoundhound
Running Up That Hill

Postby British » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:27 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm. I don't seem to be the only one then.
British
Room at the Top

Postby play dead » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:58 am

I've checked around the website and I just can't find this "hub." Can someone tell me how to access it? I bet it's in an obvious spot.
play dead
Personal Jesus

Postby BigBri » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:59 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by play dead[/i]
<br>I've checked around the website and I just can't find this "hub." Can someone tell me how
BigBri
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central