Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Time to post our Soulseek handles again

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:42 pm

british-pillage away..i've also enabled my whole drive to share with just folks from our list, it's a bit random with a little of everything....it should be open all day today..check it out!!
noodles
Personal Jesus

Postby British » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:02 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by budverge[/i]
<br>british-pillage away..i've also enabled my whole drive to share with just folks from our list, it's a bit random with a little of everything....it should be open all day today..check it out!!

[/quote]

I shall do that when I get home. I'll let the downloads continue whilst watching "I love the 80s" for a huge 80s extravaganza.
British
Room at the Top

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:44 pm

My apologies for being so dim, but, I logged on to Soulseek and I can't find any of you folks there. I did the whole searh thing, and it yielded no results. What am I doing wrong?

I have a ton of music to share, but I don't know where to go within the site.

Thanks for your help.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby British » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:57 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>My apologies for being so dim, but, I logged on to Soulseek and I can't find any of you folks there. I did the whole searh thing, and it yielded no results. What am I doing wrong?

I have a ton of music to share, but I don't know where to go within the site.

Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

I'm like that 50% of the way. I'm typically on soulseek on the evenings. Don't give up hope though.

Soulseek is weird like that. last week, i was able to see several users(group A), but then I did some port changes, and upgraded the version. Suddenly Group A was gone from my view, and I saw Group B of users, that I had not previously seen before.

How about we all converge on the "new wave outpost" room to see who we can and can't see? We shall also add each others handles and see who's visible to each other. BTW I'm running the latest "test" version of Soulseek. What's your version # and handle?
British
Room at the Top

Postby noodles » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:14 am

i am also running the new test version...it runs much faster than the older version for me at least.

what room should i try searching for? I've added everyone in this thread who has posted their id's to my individual user list, so you have access to everything.

my searches on soulseek last night were much more fruitful than lately on the hub. I actually snagged 7 titles from my need list and i nabbed a nice live set from paul weller i will reshare once i clean it up and make it all nice.

again- my client is up all day while i'm at work. so search and download at will.
noodles
Personal Jesus

Postby British » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:34 am

With the version prior to test, if I tried changing the port(and appropriately open the port on my firewall),it would NOT connect at all to the main server. I gave up and went with the new version, which connected isntantly. It just lost contact with the others.

As for rooms, I just make "new wave outpost". Sadly, I'm the only person in there.

Weird, it's like netsplits on IRC. But some netsplits can be beneificial, where I actually get some hits on my wishlist. I mean I was able to get some tracks from Penetration, where last time I only found ONE user with 1 album, who was perpetually back-queued into the 500s.

[quote][i]Originally posted by budverge[/i]
<br>i am also running the new test version...it runs much faster than the older version for me at least.

what room should i try searching for? I've added everyone in this thread who has posted their id's to my individual user list, so you have access to everything.

my searches on soulseek last night were much more fruitful than lately on the hub. I actually snagged 7 titles from my need list and i nabbed a nice live set from paul weller i will reshare once i clean it up and make it all nice.

again- my client is up all day while i'm at work. so search and download at will.

[/quote]
British
Room at the Top

Postby siouxmoux » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:41 am

Trying switch to my main soulseek id 80newwave Don't use since 80newwave1 is just an temporary login id when the soulseek network screws ups and i can not connect to it.

http://geeklinks.net/ttvm - Where Tech TV Lives On.
siouxmoux
Personal Jesus

Postby siouxmoux » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:47 am

I just these users to my soulseek download list,
budverge
Matthew Riot
perryhall
grumpygirl
hensoneno
Joesophagus
mr.s
obscure new wave
PopeJM
REvo
rubbeet
I allways to forget to responce to soulseeks privates messages. And since I run soulseek 24/7 when I system crashes I do loose those privates messages people who have sent to me.

http://geeklinks.net/ttvm - Where Tech TV Lives On.
siouxmoux
Personal Jesus

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:17 am

British,

Thank you so much for replying. I fear that because I am so deficient in technological advances that I am perceived as incompetent. However, I couldn't even find the "new wave outpost" room. How do I get there? My username/handle/whatever is My Aural Stimulator.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby getyourbootson » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:33 am

Hey there My Aural Stimulator!
I also left a reply to your other post.

For the New Wave Outpost room, you have to create it. It most likely won’t show in the list because there will most likely be less than 10 people in the room. Also, if everyone leaves the room, the room goes off the list until someone creates it again. So far, I have tried searching for (creating) the room and I am not seeing anyone.

Also, we need to decide on a spelling. If it’s going to be NWO, New Wave Outpost, new wave outpost, or newwaveoutpost, cause it’s irritating searching for all the different spellings. Personally, I think New Wave Outpost works. That or NWO. Either one. ;o)
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby getyourbootson » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:42 am

By the way...
My ID on soulseek is the same as here. I never have much in my list, since my computer can't handle it. I have to download several albums, burn them to CD, then delete them off my computer for space for new downloads. It really sucks!

If I do download from anyone, since I don't have much to share, I can offer a service of searching for stuff on Bear Share. *shrugs* I pay for that file sharing program, and it's pretty reliable, though no gaurantees.
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:55 am

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll get over there and see what kind of damage I can do. [:o)]
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:15 pm

Okay, in Soulseek, I'm currently in the "forums" section. Am I in the right place? getyourbootson, I don't see any list of rooms in the lower right corner... I have the new test version going. What am I doing wrong?
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:18 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>Okay, in Soulseek, I'm currently in the "forums" section. Am I in the right place? getyourbootson, I don't see any list of rooms in the lower right corner... I have the new test version going. What am I doing wrong?
[/quote]

EDIT: Nevermind. Dumb-ass had to get his head out and do some fiddling on my computer. Sheesh... Sorry about all this. [:I]
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:01 pm

I've added these folks to my privilege user-thing (whatever it is):
budverge
Matthew Riot
perryhall
80newwave
grumpygirl
hensoneno
Joesophagus
mr.s
obscure new wave
PopeJM
REvo
rubbeet

Now, how do I share music? Just click on people and go nutty?
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to Obscure 80s Central