Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Sex Beat

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Postby h808 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:10 am

it's amazing that records get released by labels with no reference to the bands at all. i was in sexbeat and despite massive airplay west coast, usa, in the 80s and the release of the batcave album as well as the single 'pump'/'sweat', we never saw a cent and had no idea for years that anyone had ever heard our stuff beyond the batcave's domain. in this case i have no idea who cleopatra records are, and i am just in the process of uploading sexbeat material so i can claim something back from creative investment...so this news sucks basically
h808
Running Up That Hill

Postby club80 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:32 pm

That's exploitation for you. I, too, have the Bat Cave album. Were some of the other bands ripped off too?
club80
Room at the Top

Postby h808 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:42 pm

for 6 sexbeat tunes check out www.Last.fm
h808
Running Up That Hill

Postby sophiesexbeat » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:05 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by h808[/i]
<br>for 6 sexbeat tunes check out www.Last.fm
[/quote]

Hello H sweetie, I went there and was very pleased to hear those again, they sounded great...! Let's do it again![:)]
sophiesexbeat
Running Up That Hill

Postby cryo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:46 pm

Sex Beat got a good bit of play in Southern California. Good stuff too. I'm surprised they never broke out, since the music was catchy and they seemed to have a marketable image, based on the EP photos, which was important back then. I was able to at least find and buy the EP/single as well as the Bat Cave comp way back in the day, which wasn't so easy when you're just a kid before the dawn of the internet.

Thanks to H808 for (I assume) putting up the live stuff on last.fm! It'd be great to hear any stories about the band, since I couldn't find much written about them on the net last time I looked (which might have been a while ago).
cryo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby h808 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:04 am

sophie !!!!!! i been looking for the girl who sang 'fillet' ! ! would love to do it again - check out h808 or sexbeatles or deia on u-tube and post a comment to leave your address and i can get back direct. i'll knock a video up of photos of us and others of that time for you and these wonderful guys and gals on this forum. i do have tape of sexbeat live in philadelpia to share but maybe the whole thing needs contextualising first - we were so wired on crank and opium and so suicidal, the music crawls over harsh reality slowly and wrenches itself agonisingly along with the help of a very overactive echo box - in other words it's a crap set but interesting for its psychedelic struggle
i love and miss u, and u and u ...H
h808
Running Up That Hill

Postby sophiesexbeat » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:20 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by h808[/i]
<br>sophie !!!!!! i been looking for the girl who sang 'fillet' ! ! would love to do it again - check out h808 or sexbeatles or deia on u-tube and post a comment to leave your address and i can get back direct. i'll knock a video up of photos of us and others of that time for you and these wonderful guys and gals on this forum. i do have tape of sexbeat live in philadelpia to share but maybe the whole thing needs contextualising first - we were so wired on crank and opium and so suicidal, the music crawls over harsh reality slowly and wrenches itself agonisingly along with the help of a very overactive echo box - in other words it's a crap set but interesting for its psychedelic struggle
i love and miss u, and u and u ...H
[/quote]
H! that is sooo great, I will go there and leave you my address so we can get in touch proper. I think a Sexbeat website page is in order, and maybe we can gather all our material and do something nice. So in touch very soon. XXXXX bisouxx, Sophie. PS: Linz lives 2 minutes walk from me by coincidence after all those years.....
sophiesexbeat
Running Up That Hill

Postby t0rgo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:54 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by stupidwhiteball[/i]
<br>Hi,
Can anyone relist these 3 Sexbeat tracks? "Sexbeat", "Sweat" and "Pump".
Thanks!
[/quote]

Here here! Someone please?

...shopping in the human mall.
a.k.a KingVidiot
t0rgo
Take On Me

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central