Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Song of the week-Mike P

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Song of the week-Mike P

Postby devildog » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:57 am

Mike P: Where is the song of the week for May 30-June 7? Also, is it possible to get songs that were previously listed that I missed? I only started visiting this site in mid May.

Regards,

Rob
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby MikeP » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:11 am

Devildog,

Apologies, but I missed this week (as I do from time to time when things get too busy), but I will have a new one ready for this coming Monday (another 2-weeker I'm afraid, since I'm going on vacation late next week).

I do have a master So
MikeP
President Am I

Postby devildog » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:17 am

Thanks, Mike! I appreciate you sharing these long lost gems with us crazy new wave folks! This is a great site you have. Grunch and I have really learned alot about other new wave bands that we've never heard of. We thought we were experts!
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby fritzb » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:43 pm

That's a great idea Mike!

I have all of your Songs of the Week all the way back to when you started, but I'd be glad to get higher quality copies of those early ones. Some of those are my favorites! [8D]
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:26 pm

I still would love to see the Hawaiian Pups "Young Boys" as a song of the week or if anyone has a copy... Please...[:D]
Grayson
Take On Me

Postby Jimbo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:48 pm

Sign me up Mike!

Actually, instead of doing CDRs it may be cheaper to have some type of secure one-time download for those that pay for it.
I have space and bandwidth to spare if you need a place to host it if you want any assistance.
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:03 am

[quote]Originally posted by Grayson
[br]I still would love to see the Hawaiian Pups "Young Boys" as a song of the week or if anyone
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:15 am

I would be interested in all those previous songs of the week also!! I'd pay to get my hands on that mp3!! Hope that will become a reality. Mike, I've got lots of 80s stuff myself, perhaps some you are looking for. If you have a list, send it on.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Return to Obscure 80s Central