Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

You KNEW you were listening to KCGL...

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

You KNEW you were listening to KCGL...

Postby cleverblue » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:59 am

...when you heard songs like these!

Felt - Primative Painters

It Bites - Calling All the Heroes

Cook Da Books - I Wouldn't Want to Knock it

-------------------------

<font size="1"><a href="http://www.audiostreamradio.net">I have a radio station!</a></font>
cleverblue
Take On Me

Postby spacecircus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:37 am

KCGL...wow...those were the days. I can still remember when they went off the air then reformed as KJQ. I still have my old pink and black checkerboard KJQ window sticker. lol
spacecircus
Personal Jesus

Postby cleverblue » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:41 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by spacecircus[/i]
<br>KCGL...wow...those were the days. I can still remember when they went off the air then reformed as KJQ. I still have my old pink and black checkerboard KJQ window sticker. lol
[/quote]

I think I've got one of those KJQ stickers somewhere too! I'm gonna have to look for it though.

On a sad note, I had a couple of KJQ stickers and a KCGL sticker taped to the inside my cars' back window. I didn't want to actually stick them to my window because I didn't want them ruined forever. One day I went to school and left my windows open, and they were stolen. [:(]

But I guess that shows how intrinsically awesome those stickers were to have been swiped so quickly! [:D]

-------------------------

<font size="1"><a href="http://www.audiostreamradio.net">I have a radio station!</a></font>
cleverblue
Take On Me

Postby Dukman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:01 am

I always stuck mine on the back window. I remember driving to the station in Bountiful to get them.

Interesting thing is I always drove a "gearhead/rocker" type of car. So it would suprise some people that I was how I was at the time.
Dukman
Switchin' to Glide

Postby spacecircus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:37 am

I bet it has been at least 15 years since I heard Calling All the Heroes. Thanks!
spacecircus
Personal Jesus

Postby Hani » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:58 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by spacecircus[/i]
<br>I bet it has been at least 15 years since I heard Calling All the Heroes. Thanks!
[/quote]

Me too! And i've been looking for this song everywere!Thanks a lot.

...i know what i want and i know how to get it...
Hani
Take On Me

Postby 1980-F » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:48 pm

As a big IT BITES fan I have to mention, that I've been listening to "Calling All The Heroes" many, many times in the last 15 years. [;)]

Did you know they have an official website (www.itbites.com) and two of the members are involved in a new project named KINO?

If anyone's interested in more IT BITES stuff - especially not from their regular albums - let me know! [8D]
1980-F
Personal Jesus

Postby mojowkn » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:33 pm

I knew someone eventually was going to have to refer to KCGL and KJQ. I'm still bummed that KJQ 2.0 went off the air again last year, although it was only a shadow of its former self.
mojowkn
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central