Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Shriekback/Priests and Kanibals

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Shriekback/Priests and Kanibals

Postby hexicon » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:18 pm

Hi all,
Newbie to this part of the forum and also new to this whole digital music thing, so I am unfamiliar with the etiquette/practices here.

I am looking for Shriekback's "Priests and Kanibals" on CD; it's out of print and I haven't been able to find it used. Would be happy to reimburse, etc.
hexicon
Room at the Top

Postby Jimbo » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:29 pm

Actually the song is "Nemesis".

I would go to Soul Seek and do a search and you will likely be downloading the song from one of us. [;)]

http://www.slsknet.org/
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby hexicon » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:08 pm

Was actually looking for the song "Hand on My Heart" but thought I'd try for the whole album to get "All Lined Up" too. "Nemesis" postdates me a bit.

Thanks Jimbo. . . now let's see if I can change my security settings to get the Soul Seek software (I
hexicon
Room at the Top

Postby rewind » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:48 am

I think he's looking for the Best Of compilation entitled "Priests And Kanibals." I think I saw it at gemm recently for Special Order (meaning they can't get it!). Amazon lists it as out of stock.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby yipyipcoyote » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:36 am

Hex,
Is it the Adrian Sherwood remix of Hand on my heart (Cloud of Nails) that you're looking for? I'll put it on soulseek.

I think All Lined Up is on other Shriekback compilations too, like the Y Records Years 2CD.
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central