Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

A fair deal - first come, first served

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

A fair deal - first come, first served

Postby DevoManiac101 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:39 am

Hello,

I'm looking for someone here who records off VH1C, either directly on to a DVD or stored on a hard drive. I'm looking for about 100+ music videos with (new logo) only, current recorders and viewers will know what I am talking about. Oh and NO PG LOGO either, most of what I am in need of have aired without the PG logo so hopefully you recorded that airing, if not that's fine and we won't worry about that specific video than. Again, current recorders and viewers will know what I am talking about. I have some kind of list compiled of what I need, but have been keeping up with the channel and have a good idea of the videos I need. If you have a list that would help me out greatly, if not I will finish compiling the one I started. The reason I ask of this favor is because I soon will no longer have the station and really need some of these videos for my collection. I simply don't have the time to record and transfer anymore. I am really hoping someone here can help me out.

Now you may ask what do you get in return, that's simple ...

I collect Telegenics promo music video tapes, these are very rare and hard to find. I have the following volumes
1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3C, 4A, 4B, 5B, 6A, 6B, 7A, 7B, 8A, 9A, 9B, 10A, 10B, 11A, 11B, 13A, 13B, 15A, 16B, 18B, 17A, 19A, 29A, 32C, 35A, 37A, 37B, 38A, 38B, 39A, 40A, 41A, 42A, 43C, 47A, 47C
You can view the video listings at www.remixservices.com

I'll be willing to copy any reel or reels of your choice for the return favor, each can be recorded on an XP (1 hr.) disc for BEST PICTURE AND SOUND QUALITY. All my tapes are original VHS or 3/4" U-matic tapes. Please let me know and here is my e-mail address
Vypor68@aol.com

Consider this a rare opportunity, some of these tapes sell for $100+ I'll be copying for FREE but I really need someone to help me out!
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!
DevoManiac101
Room at the Top

Postby Berserker » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:53 am

I have a few dozen hours of VH-1C Tivoed, but your description is so vague that I have no idea if I have what you want.
Berserker
The Jet Set

Postby DevoManiac101 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:11 pm

Here is an incomplete list of what I am looking for, there is a lot more but I don't have the time to look at the old playlists and compile, hopefully this will give you an idea. If you happen to have a list handy of what you recorded that will help me out greatly, otherwise let me know what you have off this list, like I said there is a handful more but with a limit on time this all I could come up with.

A Flock of Seagulls - Nightmares
Altered Images - Happy Birthday
Altered Images - See Those Eyes
Annie Golden - Hang Up the Phone
Bananarama - Robert Deniro's Waiting
Bauhaus - Spirit
Belle Stars – Sign Of The Times
Blancmange - Living On The Ceiling
Boomtown Rats - Up All Night
Bow Wow Wow - Baby Oh No
Cocteau Twins - Love's Easy Tears
Damned - Is It A Dream