Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

VH1/MTV censoring

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

VH1/MTV censoring

Postby elviscaprice » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:59 pm

It's amazing what kind of censoring went on in the 80's of music videos. Often times I find myself lost in the screen, matching the music unless I view the uncensored version, then it makes more sense.
Case in point, The Creatures - Standing There - 1989, the censored VH1 version just doesn't have it, whereas the Telegenics uncensored version does. Reason this comes up is that I was working on the remastering of this video today.

8) Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Re: VH1/MTV censoring

Postby Jayeshsingh379 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:42 pm

MTV is also famous in India. It is very popular in India for its music, reality shows, and youth culture programming.
Jayeshsingh379
Running Up That Hill

Postby Rubellan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:55 am

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it and had to go compare The Creatures videos to see the difference. I can't believe they felt the need to censor the scenes where the girl pulls off the head of a doll and forcibly puts lipstick on Budgie. Just ridiculous.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rick Smooth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:06 am

Rubellan wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it and had to go compare The Creatures videos to see the difference. I can't believe they felt the need to censor the scenes where the girl pulls off the head of a doll and forcibly puts lipstick on Budgie. Just ridiculous.

I don't understand their logic.
Rick Smooth
Running Up That Hill

Postby Berserker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:42 pm

The sole difference in Duran Duran's "Come Undone" video is that in the censored version, you don't get to see that the bottle the obviously alcoholic lady is using to mix a drink is actually vodka. In the uncensored version, you get to see that the bottle is actually labeled as "Vodka". If you blinked, you'd miss it anyway. Ludicrous.
Berserker
The Jet Set

Return to Music Videos