Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

VH-1 Classic

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

VH-1 Classic

Postby British » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:31 pm

Ever since I got cable last August, all I ever seem to watch is VH-1 Classic.

Initially, I was expecting them to play the same tired old 80s top-40 videos. Boy was I wrong. Often I leave a pad and pen to write down any good obscure tunes to come along.

Anyone else heavily addicted to it? They play videos I never even knew existed for singles.
British
Room at the Top

Postby whenthemachinesrock » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:49 am

i watch it quite a bit. especially their 'request hour'.

-------
'bolts from above hit the people down below. people in the world, we have no place to go.'
whenthemachinesrock
Running Up That Hill

Postby British » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:18 pm

Their request hour is the best since the most bizarre videos get played.
British
Room at the Top

Postby 91XBrett » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:07 am

VH1 classic is great! (watching it right now as a matter of fact--a whole hour of jam videos) i've only started watching it, but i definately check out request hour.
91XBrett
Running Up That Hill

Postby bohemianboy » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:19 pm

I love the VH1 Classic show called "We Are the 80's." It's on several times a day. I have TIVO, so I record the episodes and watch them every day. There is a good cross section of 80's music, not just New Wave. But there are a few real gems that pop u
bohemianboy
Running Up That Hill

Postby thefxc » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:19 pm

My wife and I got digital cable for BBC America and VH1 classic. The Request Hour is essential viewing--they seem to be playing more conventional videos of late, but they do pull out a lot of obscure ones. The 80s show is also well done.

And yes, ever
thefxc
Personal Jesus

Postby tenpole » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:14 pm

"Request Hour" is outstanding! I sometimes wonder about people who request "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" or ZZ Tops "Legs". Aren't they overplayed? I work in a college frathouse and I thein they call these videos in to choose their retro wardrobe for the
tenpole
Take On Me

Postby Jason² » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:46 pm

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE VH1 Classic... but is it me or does it seem they play something by either Peter Wolf or the J. Geils Band like EVERY show?

And haven't they already overplayed Genesis' "Land Of Confusion" a couple zillion times?

Just a str
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby British » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:03 am

They have been playing that Warren Zevon video(his last one) a few times too many.
British
Room at the Top

Postby Bob-O » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:39 am

I haven't had cabel tv for about 3 years, but last time I went to my mom's house I brought 3 blank tapes and ran her Classic VH-1 at SLP speed and filled up the 3 tapes. Not the highest quality but it's the first time I'd seen the video for "Homosapien"
Bob-O
Take On Me

Postby finn2000 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:48 am

I am addicted to VH1 classics whenever I go to my sisters house!!! I saw The Jam & Howard Devoto- Rainy Season the other day also some other stuff, i didnt have MTV in the 80's so i missed out, there was some channel 68UHF station we used to watch videos
finn2000
Switchin' to Glide

Return to Music Videos