Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Split Enz DVD - worth while purchase

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Split Enz DVD - worth while purchase

Postby Like_Music_88 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:47 pm

A couple of months ago, I bought a Split Enz DVD... absolutely fascinating viewing featuring about 18 video clips (1976 - 1984), live footage (some taken from BBC TV), a documentary, rare early interview footage and even a surprise rare video clip that you can easily miss if you don't have a good eye for detail. It's a very well made DVD and certainly one of the most fascinating DVDs that I have bought recently. The only criticism I have is that it doesn't feature all their video clips. The band made almost 30 video clips between 1975 to 1984 and sadly, this DVD doesn't feature:

Spellbound (1975)
Famous People (1979)
She's Got Body (1979)
I Don't Wanna Dance (1981)
Never Ceases To Amaze Me (1982)
Next Exit (1983)

Worth buying other Split Enz video compilations for completion.
Like_Music_88
Take On Me

Postby MikeP » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:37 am

Thanks for the tip. My friend got it recently and we watched a bit of it with his region-free/PAL-NTSC DVD player. Great stuff. I, too, am a bit disappointed they didn't feature all the video clips, although a couple surfaced on the HISTORY NEVER REPEATS
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Like_Music_88 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:46 pm

I think the DVD has been released in the states, judging from it being mentioned in the AllMusic.Com.

I do wonder why there has to be different DVD players for different regions!
Like_Music_88
Take On Me

Postby Surly » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:12 pm

I think the DVD has been released in the states, judging from it being mentioned in the AllMusic.Com.

I do wonder why there has to be different DVD players for different regions!

I don't think it's been released here, unfortunatel
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Like_Music_88 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:03 pm

I see! Well, I will keep my eye out for the different region codes for now on. I'm out on a hunt for music DVDs and I know there are some European ones that I might need to import!

Thanx for the information!
Like_Music_88
Take On Me

Postby unguarded moment » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:05 pm

The Ultravox DVD is listed at Amazon.com.uk as being Region 2, much to my dismay, as I'm here in the States. I've always liked their videos (especially "One Small Day"), and it would've been nice to have this one.

<hr noshade color="#999999" size="1
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby Surly » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:48 am

[quote]
The Ultravox DVD is listed at Amazon.com.uk as being Region 2, much to my dismay, as I'm here in the States. I've always liked their videos (especially "One Small Day"), and it would've been nice to have this one.

<hr noshade color="#999999
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby unguarded moment » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:43 am

I just ordered my Split Enz DVD from Whammo.com. The ones they sell are PAL only, but there is a seller in Australia on ebay who is selling them in the NTSC format. Strange. Anyway, my DVD player can play either so that's no problem.

Does anyone kn
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby unguarded moment » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:47 am

Just finished watching my Split Enz DVD and I must tell you that it is awesome! Like the first poster mentioned earlier, the documentary is incredible and very informative; I wanted more. Judging by the early videos, I didn't realize just how bizarre an
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby Like_Music_88 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:24 am

[quote]
Just finished watching my Split Enz DVD and I must tell you that it is awesome! Like the first poster mentioned earlier, the documentary is incredible and very informative; I wanted more. Judging by the early videos, I didn't realize just how b
Like_Music_88
Take On Me

Return to Music Videos