Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Best New Wave video

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Postby EchoBeachBunnyBoy » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:24 am

Barnes & Barnes- "Fishheads"
Madonna- "Burnin' Up"
Iam Siam- "She Went Pop"
Bow Wow Wow- "Do Ya Wanna Hold Me?"
The Wolfgang Press- "Kansas"
Lords Of The New Church- "Dance With Me"
Ministry- "Revenge"
Thomas Dolby- "Radio Silence"
The Motels- "Take The L"
Berlin- "Now It's My Turn"
[8D]
EchoBeachBunnyBoy
Personal Jesus

Postby more than this » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:36 pm

My all-time favorite video has to be Sandra's "Everlasting Love".
Adam Ant has at least five amazing videos.
Visage has quite a few as well.
Yello made great videos.
Falco - "Junge Roemer"
Duran Duran - "The Chauffer"
Propaganda - "Dr. Mabuse"
more than this
Personal Jesus

Postby phillyidol » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:19 am

How about Tears For Fears? They had so many great hits on songs from the big chair. My favorite video from them would be Head over Heals.The acting was so corny but it was great!
But for an all time best video it would have to beBilly Idol white wedding!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby more than this » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:11 pm

phillyidol,
Yup, 'head over heels' is a GREAT video!

I also want to throw out Alphaville - 'Big In Japan'.
more than this
Personal Jesus

Postby Frayo » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:02 am

I loved Talk Talk - Talk Talk video.

That was so freaking awesome..... that guy walking through the street and then that weird building thingie with the ceiling falling apart-- the drones, Hollis at the piano... Good Stuff.
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:48 am

It is really hard to say what is best.But if you think about it, so many are funny to watch now because it was all new back then when mtv started. The videos all had wind machines and flowing curtains. Or bad lip synching. Or corny acting, or my personal favorite,DANCING!!! I love to see the bands dance. Sometimes it is scary. (my posting on hall and oats)I'll name another, Scandals video to the warrior. She sings as guys in tights dance ballet and interp. dance.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby driverx » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:25 pm

Remember the video for In A Big Country where the members of Big Country ride around a hill on ATV's? It looked like they couldn't think of what to put in the video, so they just stuck that in.

I liked the video for Heaven 17 - Let Me Go
driverx
Take On Me

Postby whistledog » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:39 pm

"There Was A Time" by One to One. I never get tired of that vid. The mirrored elevator with the watermark effect on the door was classic!
whistledog
Personal Jesus

Postby michaeltb41 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:28 pm

i used to work as a vj at a local video station in tamap, fla in the 80s called V32. my video show was called "Relativity" and it ran for about 4 years. we used to show alot of videos on our show that the staion would never play during regular broadcast hours (the staff just simply didn't like alternative music). after seeing so many "good" videos and "bad" videos, here' my list of my fav 80s vids... 1-dino jr.-little fury things, 2-cabaret voltaire-i want you, 3-the smiths-how soon is now, 4-big audio dynamite-e=mc2, 5-cabaret voltaire-sensoria, 6-the clash-radio clash, 7-m-pop muzik, 8-skinny puppy-dig it, 9-ministry-revenge, 10-cocteau twins-crushed, 11-xymox-moscoviet mosquito, 12-wolfgang press-cut the tree, 13-dif juzz-no motion (you can tell i'm huge 4ad fan), 14-throwing muses-fish, 15-the jamms-downtown, 16-pop will eat itself-there is no love between us, 17-new order-confusion, 18-frankie goes to hollywood-relax (original), 19-eurrogliders-heaven, 20-prefab prout-when love breaks down, 21-krush-house arrest, 22-eric b. and rakim-paid in full, 23-sonic youth-teenage riot, 24-the cars-touch and go, 25-sigue sigue sputnik-f missle f1-11, 26-bow wow wow-i want candy, 27-b movie-switch on, switch off

there's too many more to name.... my friend joe who lives here in the tampa area is collecting tons of 80s videos from people all over the country (plus our dj friend rob pittman has a huge collection he has transferred to dvd) by the way..does anyone remember a syndicated music video show from the 80s called "hollywood heartbeat." it ran for a half hour and was only on for about two years
(it was hosted by the guy who recorded "ebony eyes"). if anyone has any info on this show, please let me know. been trying to find it for years now. thanx.....
michaeltb41
Running Up That Hill

Postby vco » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:52 am

"Ebony Eyes" was by Bob Welch. It was a huge radio hit when I was a kid. "AM Gold" kinda stuff. He was a former member of Fleetwood Mac.
vco
Take On Me

Postby Ollie Stench » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:55 pm

Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby tomfin2000 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:00 pm

Of all the New Wave music videos I've seen over the years, Duran Duran's "Planet Earth" is still my favorite. Everything I love about the early years of the video era, from the classic to the cool to the downright cheesy, is in there.
tomfin2000
Take On Me

Previous

Return to Music Videos