Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Boycotting Viacom

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Boycotting Viacom

Postby deethelurker » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:59 pm

On <a href="http://www.myspace.com/deethelurker">my MySpace page</a>, I've been utilizing both my blog and my bulletin features to publicize the need to boycott all Viacom services and products after what they've done to YouTube, especially in relation to YouTube's hosting of classic music videos from the '70s and '80s New Wave era. I have been urging people to join with me in this boycott, and I've been living the boycott ever since I resolved to take that action. There are others who are also boycotting Viacom -- just Google "boycott Viacom" and you'll see what I'm talking about. I am doing this for all of the wonderful and generous former YouTube members who used to provide for me the unmatchable service of watching music videos I'd either thought I'd never get to see again or never figured existed in the first place. I am doing this for [b]Rubellan[/b], [b]Numanoid[/b], [b]RStrathfield[/b], and [b]LordMasterCarlos[/b], and for anyone else who shared a classic New Wave/'80s-era music video I had previously cherished but am now denied thanks to Viacom's miserly and selfish actions. I am doing this because I was born too late to experience these music videos firsthand, have always wanted to rewind time so I could experience all that I missed out on by being born too late, and felt that the music videos I was able to find on YouTube were as good a substitute for that time machine as I could get. This is why I am forever grateful to the aforementioned users as well as any other user who were generous with their music video archives.

Thank you.
deethelurker
Personal Jesus

Postby Lordmaster » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:16 pm

Thank you for remember me LordMasterCarlos at Youtube, deethelurker with pleasure I join to your cause, Viacom are a bunch of A*s H***s, After 11 months the videos that I have in there were enjoyed almost 2 million times, f**k Viacom, they just no broadcast real and good music videos these days so they deserve to DIE!!! [xx(], hope that our Aussie friend RStrathfield cames and read this thread too, I wish to make contact with him.

Long live the 80's friend's, short live [:(!]===>viacom<===[:(!]

Carlos.[;)]
Lordmaster
Switchin' to Glide

Postby edisonoside » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:09 am

I'm with you guys. BOYCOTT VIACOM!!
edisonoside
Room at the Top

Return to Music Videos