Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Any Fiat Lux Videos available?

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Any Fiat Lux Videos available?

Postby Plastik44 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:02 am

Apart from the `Commercial Breakdown´ and the `Blue Emotion´ video, has any material surfaced? I know there's a video of Secrets as it was on youtube for a while but the recording was rather bad and had problems with the picture throughout. I wonder if there are promo videos for the rest of the singles A-Sides.
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:47 am

There were a few tv appearances.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Plastik44 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:02 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sean[/i]
<br>There were a few tv appearances.
[/quote]

I have the Musikladen playback. What else is out there...and where did that snippet of Secrets come from?
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:46 am

I have a clearer version (not perfect) of the Secrets video from Fiat Lux but to be honest with you, there's no way I can get to it right now. Most of my collection is packed away in boxes cause we don't have enough room for me to take them all out. [:(] One day, when I move to a bigger place, I will unpack everything. Anyways, I think that video and the Musikladen appearances are all I have too.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Plastik44 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:35 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sean[/i]
<br>I have a clearer version (not perfect) of the Secrets video from Fiat Lux but to be honest with you, there's no way I can get to it right now. Most of my collection is packed away in boxes cause we don't have enough room for me to take them all out. [:(] One day, when I move to a bigger place, I will unpack everything. Anyways, I think that video and the Musikladen appearances are all I have too.
[/quote]

Why have you told me? Now, I'll be forever waiting for you to unpack those boxes...[:D]. If I had a chance to get that footage on my HD, I'd easily come up with a remastered version and you wouldn't know how it could stem from the VHS...
I wish people would rather share instead of trade all this stuff. For the time being, I can only offer my experience with my video editing tools.
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby kopite » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:15 pm

The only videos they did were for Secrets and Blue Emotion.

I've got a copy of Secrets from an in-store promo video which although the full video (unlike the one thats on YouTube which has parts re-looped) the sound does dip in places. I'd have to dig it out. As far as I know, it was never commercially released.

The Blue Emotion video is on the 'Don't Watch That, Watch This' compilation video (and Japanese LD).

Other than that there is the usual 'Commercial Breakdown' video. The original version of the video was made for the UK Channel 4 television programme 'Mirror Image' which had most of the Commercial Breakdown video bar House Of Thorns inter-cut with interviews with the band.

TV appearances consist of 'Blue Emotion' on the German TV show Musikladen and on UK programme 'Old Grey Whistle Test' which has 2 live recordings (can't remember what they are off-hand)

I think that's all. There may be some more live recordings made for local TV about but I'm not sure.

Dave
www.hiredhistory.co.uk
kopite
Switchin' to Glide

Postby DavePlym » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:43 am

The Old Grey live tracks were Blue Emotion and The Moment - great
versions/performances - i think i've got them on vid but it'll be a long time before i can get to transferring them to dvd
DavePlym
Take On Me

Postby Plastik44 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:21 am

Good to hear from you again kopite. I've been trying to reach you as I've an ad for Blue Emotion you might want to put on your webpage. I wish you would make these videos available for me. I have the Blue Emotion video in excellent quality and also the Commercial Breakdown footage. If I had the VHS or even a good file (150-300 MB)of the other footage, I could make a great DVD of it. The sound would be no problem, as I could exchange it. But you hardly know me, so sending me the VHS on the promise of returning both Tape and DVD safely to you is out of the question, I guess, is it?
Anyway, thanks for the information. And let me know about the ad.
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Return to Music Videos