Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Help with B Movie file needed

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Help with B Movie file needed

Postby Plastik44 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:51 am

There is live footage of B Movie performing 'Nowhere girl'. The file is something between 108 MB or 130 MB large and an avi file, if I remember correctly. I downloaded this file a half year ago from a p2p network, but somehow I lost the CD I burned it to. I was switching operating systems at that time that's why I burned it, so that I could later work with it in a video editing prg.
The footage itself is rare, but the gig recorded is - and Steve from B Movie shares this view - poor and nothing of what B Movie was like, to say the least. Anyway, I always wanted to produce an alternative Video with the footage, maybe combining it with the Metropolis stuff that is around, but now I lack the footage and cannot get it. If someone has this (the 100MB + file) or anything else I could use, please make it available for me.
Thanks a lot,
Plastik44
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Plastik44 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:08 am

Thank you guys: Not a single answer. Seems I have to do all the work myself, then...
Why is it that there isn't a bigger willingness to share rare vids here in good quality using rapidsh. etc.?
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Opera Prima » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:05 am

Hallo Plastik44,

I have the live performance that you can see in youtube, though obviously, it's not the one you're looking for, but let me know if you are interested in it.

I've also been searching on a p2p network the file you mention, it's 108 MB but no one sharing it has the complete video. If I ever get it, I'll let you know.
Opera Prima
The Jet Set

Postby Plastik44 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:28 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Opera Prima[/i]
<br>Hallo Plastik44,

I have the live performance that you can see in youtube, though obviously, it's not the one you're looking for, but let me know if you are interested in it.

I've also been searching on a p2p network the file you mention, it's 108 MB but no one sharing it has the complete video. If I ever get it, I'll let you know.

[/quote]

I think it is the same live performance you have - recorded from Spanish TV (I think) It has some kind of credits after the live footage and the year it was recorded 1985 or 1985. I also try to download the thing right now, but it will take a few days if not a week as I'm firewalled and only one guy has the complete version.
Let's see who gets there first;-).
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Opera Prima » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:43 am

Yes, it was a Spanish music TV show from the mid 80's. The file is around 45 MB, I'll upload it if you want it.
Opera Prima
The Jet Set

Postby Plastik44 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:47 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Opera Prima[/i]
<br>Yes, it was a Spanish music TV show from the mid 80's. The file is around 45 MB, I'll upload it if you want it.
[/quote]
Thanks a lot, but no. 45 MB won't do. I want a top quality picture and so 108 will likely be much better. I want to re-edit the thing and make a decent video for Nowhere Girl from the footage, pics and maybe the Metropolis film by Fritz Lang as there is such a version out there already and I liked it quite a lot. The problem I found with the Fritz Lang version is that it is just a sequence with the sound dubbed and sometimes the sound does not go perfectly with the picture. I thought if I could get hold of the live footage, I could do my own clip the way I would like it to be. But for now, this is a wish: I'm more than 95 MB away from completing the file...[:I]
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Plastik44 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:24 am

[xx(] I finally got this thing completed and guess what: it's the f... Metropolis version in worst quality. I don't know who bothered to produce such a bad avi.file and then have the nerve to share it...
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Return to Music Videos