Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

MinimumMaximum-Kraftwerk

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Postby schwenko » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:45 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by marvymarv[/i]
<br>The Notebook Edition of Minimum Maximum appears to be the crown jewel of any music collection by far. WHOA:

http://kraftwerk.blocmedia.net/

How is it Schwenko?

<a href="http://www.worldwildlife.org/cetaceans/index.cfm">I dig whales.</a>
[/quote]

I don't have it! Deepdiscountcd keeps canceling my order. Amazon.com lists it as being released on January 10, 2006!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby wallofboingo » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:51 pm

I got this at my local Borders store and thought it was quite good. It is rather strange, as there is not one iota of energy from the performers and you have to rely on the intensity of the music for that. The visuals are sometimes very good (Vitamin) and sometimes rather lackluster (Neon Lights), but they are very welcome for every song. The version of Radioactivity is EXCELLENT and along with the aforementioned Vitamin, the best reason to buy this DVD. I think their new material hopes up just as well as their older stuff and enjoyed the whole thing quite a lot. The only extra is a performance of Aero Dynamik from the MTV Europe Video Awards from 2004. They are decked out in their neon green, TRON-like suits for that one. Oh, and the sound is just superb.
wallofboingo
Take On Me

Postby schwenko » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:53 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by wallofboingo[/i]
<br>I got this at my local Borders store and thought it was quite good. It is rather strange, as there is not one iota of energy from the performers and you have to rely on the intensity of the music for that. The visuals are sometimes very good (Vitamin) and sometimes rather lackluster (Neon Lights), but they are very welcome for every song. The version of Radioactivity is EXCELLENT and along with the aforementioned Vitamin, the best reason to buy this DVD. I think their new material hopes up just as well as their older stuff and enjoyed the whole thing quite a lot. The only extra is a performance of Aero Dynamik from the MTV Europe Video Awards from 2004. They are decked out in their neon green, TRON-like suits for that one. Oh, and the sound is just superb.

[/quote]

I get the impression that this is not the "notebook" edition, but the 2 DVD set, correct?
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby wallofboingo » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:03 am

Correct! Sorry about the confusion, sir.
wallofboingo
Take On Me

Postby Frau_Blucher » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:09 am

Just got the heads-up about this "Laptop Boxset Version" with 2CDs and 2DVDs plus 88 page booklet. Looks like $89 and <a href="http://idealcopy.american-data.net//Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MU-KRAFT-MINIM-05">available at this link starting January 10th</a>.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby kola » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:37 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by edisonoside[/i]
It is their timeless Minimalism that maximises their image. Imagine how horrid it would be if they had dancers on stage or worse they could be carrying those tacky keyboards with strap like guitars prancing around the stage [/quote]

i hear that!
despite the fact they sort-of did that in the 80's, with "pocket calculator" live, when they would come to the front of the stage with little musical calculators - the footage is classic kraftwerk all the way.
i've enjoyed this dvd loads, and it captures the "robotic" feel of their songs perfectly.
funniest moment is when the pills start tumbling down the screen, and the hippies in the audience all start cheering... those are f***ing VITAMINS you f***ing hippies, not acid-tabs!!! [}:)]
kola
Personal Jesus

Postby edisonoside » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:55 am

I would love to own that footage of Kraftwerk doing pocket calculator live with their tiny little hand held devices. They would step out in front of the stage performing that song which I guess would make it a little more "intimate" with the audience and a bit more animated than usual for them. I see them more as musical technicians more than musical performers.

I did laugh a bit with the vitamin pills in the background, I wonder if it was intentional that way??
edisonoside
Room at the Top

Postby yipyipcoyote » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Not only did they come to the front of the stage during Pocket Calculator, in the show I've been to they actually let the audience at the front touch the keys on the devices - genuine audience participation!

As for Min Max, I thought it was quite moving when the Tokyo crowd went crazy and "sang" along to [i]Dentaku[/i].
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to Music Videos