Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Tube Volume 1 DVD

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

The Tube Volume 1 DVD

Postby schwenko » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:03 pm

to be released in July- ?PAL, Region?

DVD "The Tube Vol.1" Features :

Interviews :
Paul Weller, Sting, Pete Townshend, Andy Summers, Midge Ure, Simple
Minds,
Kevin Rowland, Grandmaster Flash, Mick Jagger, Mick Jones, Brian
Johnson,
Bad News, Steve Strange, Nick Heyward, Hazell O'Connor, Thin Lizzy,
William
Shatner, Stiff Little Fingers, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, John McVicar
And
Peter Holt, Annie Lennox, Kajagoogoo, Pino Palladino, Bono

Songs :
A Flock Of Seagulls : Wishing
Alison Moyet : God Bless The Child
Alison Moyet / Eric Burdon / Jools Holland : House Of The Rising Sun
Altered Images : Another Lost Look
Aztec Camera : Oblivious
Bad News : Bad News
Belle Stars : Indian Summer
Big Country : Fields Of Fire
Blancmange : Living On The Ceiling
Culture Club : I'll Tumble For Ya
David Joseph : Can't Hide Your Love
Depeche Mode : Leave In Silence
Dexy's Midnight Runners : The Celtic Soul Brothers
Dressing With A Difference : Hair
Eurythmics : This Is The House
Father Christmas : The Hard
Frankie Goes To Hollywood : Relax (Demo)
Freur : Doot Doot
Fun Boy Three : Tunnel Of Love
Gap Band : Oops Upside Your Head
George Clinton : Loopzilla
Go-Gos : Our Lips Are Sealed
Grandmaster Flash : The Message
Gregory Isaacs : Cool Down The Pace
Heaven 17 : At The Height Of The Fighting
Icehouse : Hey Little Girl
Iggy Pop : Sweet Sixteen
Imagination : Body Talk
Joboxers : Boxer Beat
Jools And His Millionaires : Dr Jazz
Kajagoogoo : Preparing For A Fall
Madness : It Must Be Love
Mari Wilson : Dr Love
Nick Heyward : Atlantic Monday
O.M.D. : Genetic Engineering
Pat Benatar : Shadows Of The Night
Paul Young : Love Of The Common People
Paul Young : Come Back And Stay
Rubbish Furniture : Jools Holland
Shalamar : A Night To Remember
Simple Minds : New Gold Dream
Soft Cell : Martin
Southern Death Cult : False Faces
The Jam : A Town Called Malice
The Jam : Modern World
The Stranglers : European Female
The Undertones : Got To Have You Back
Thin Lizzy : The Boys Are Back In Town
Thompson Twins : Love On Your Side
Twisted Sister : It's Only Rock And Roll
U2 : New Years Day
Visage : The Anvil
Wah : Silver & Gold
Wall of Voodoo : Tomorrow
X With Ray Manzarek : Blue Spark
Yarbrough & Peoples : Dont Stop The Music
Yazoo : Don't Go
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:18 am

Oh my! I'm in heaven. First store that I see carries this will get my order. [:p]
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:46 am

First US store that is or European store with decent shipping. [;)]
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby IWantMyMTV » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:10 pm

They have it at Amazon UK [:)]

UK22.49

Region 2
2 Discs
IWantMyMTV
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:16 am

I did see that listed on Amazon but I really hope the US stores can get it in at a cheaper price.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:55 am

I received this advanced dvd last week and viewed it last night. Some great stuff in here and also some not so great stuff. The New Wave stuff is amazing. The video quality is not perfect but not bad. The coolest thing is either all of most of the songs are performed live. These are my favourites with comments:

A Flock Of Seagulls : Wishing (Now this is the A Flock of Seagulls that I remember, not the one on Hit Me One More Time)
Altered Images : Another Lost Look (Clare's always cute and she sounds great performing this track which is my all time favourite AI track)
Aztec Camera : Oblivious (Great performance without back up singers)
Big Country : Fields Of Fire (These guys are great live)
Blancmange : Living On The Ceiling (Wow, Neil's voice just takes over, first time I've ever heard them live)
Culture Club : I'll Tumble For Ya (Good but very typical CC performance)
Depeche Mode : Leave In Silence (Depeche Mode when they look like teenagers, spectacular song and performance)
Frankie Goes To Hollywood : Relax (Demo)(Weird version but interesting to watch)
Freur : Doot Doot (One of the coolest New Wave tunes ever)
Fun Boy Three : Tunnel Of Love (Supposedly a very rare live performance from the band)
Go-Gos : Our Lips Are Sealed (Love these girls but it didn't seem like the UK crowd really liked an American band on their stage)
Icehouse : Hey Little Girl (What an amazing voice and song)
Kajagoogoo : Preparing For A Fall (One of the more unknown songs from the band, but a great song to do live)
Madness : It Must Be Love (A fun show)
O.M.D. : Genetic Engineering (These guys can do no wrong)
Simple Minds : New Gold Dream (Man, the synth player is so good in this song)
Soft Cell : Martin (One of the most underrated Soft Cell songs, really cool thoug)
Southern Death Cult : False Faces (The Cult before they were the Cult, neat stuff)
The Jam : A Town Called Malice (first time I've ever heard this live)
The Stranglers : European Female (The song sung by the bass player. Love the way these guys sound. Too bad they didn't do A Midnight Summer's Dream or All Roads Lead To Rome)
Thompson Twins : Love On Your Side (One of the coolest bands to see live, very animated on stage)
U2 : New Years Day (They are amazing live and when you see this performance, you won't have any doubts)
Visage : The Anvil (Super rare live performance, this is well worth the money for the dvd just for this one video)
Wah : Silver & Gold (A band that I didn't know about that really liked from this dvd)
Wall of Voodoo : Tomorrow (Yes, they did have more good songs than just Mexican Radio. :))

Sean
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:20 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sean[/i]
<br>I received this advanced dvd last week and viewed it last night. Some great stuff in here and also some not so great stuff. The New Wave stuff is amazing. The video quality is not perfect but not bad. The coolest thing is either all of most of the songs are performed live. These are my favourites with comments:

A Flock Of Seagulls : Wishing (Now this is the A Flock of Seagulls that I remember, not the one on Hit Me One More Time)
Altered Images : Another Lost Look (Clare's always cute and she sounds great performing this track which is my all time favourite AI track)
Aztec Camera : Oblivious (Great performance without back up singers)
Big Country : Fields Of Fire (These guys are great live)
Blancmange : Living On The Ceiling (Wow, Neil's voice just takes over, first time I've ever heard them live)
Culture Club : I'll Tumble For Ya (Good but very typical CC performance)
Depeche Mode : Leave In Silence (Depeche Mode when they look like teenagers, spectacular song and performance)
Frankie Goes To Hollywood : Relax (Demo)(Weird version but interesting to watch)
Freur : Doot Doot (One of the coolest New Wave tunes ever)
Fun Boy Three : Tunnel Of Love (Supposedly a very rare live performance from the band)
Go-Gos : Our Lips Are Sealed (Love these girls but it didn't seem like the UK crowd really liked an American band on their stage)
Icehouse : Hey Little Girl (What an amazing voice and song)
Kajagoogoo : Preparing For A Fall (One of the more unknown songs from the band, but a great song to do live)
Madness : It Must Be Love (A fun show)
O.M.D. : Genetic Engineering (These guys can do no wrong)
Simple Minds : New Gold Dream (Man, the synth player is so good in this song)
Soft Cell : Martin (One of the most underrated Soft Cell songs, really cool thoug)
Southern Death Cult : False Faces (The Cult before they were the Cult, neat stuff)
The Jam : A Town Called Malice (first time I've ever heard this live)
The Stranglers : European Female (The song sung by the bass player. Love the way these guys sound. Too bad they didn't do A Midnight Summer's Dream or All Roads Lead To Rome)
Thompson Twins : Love On Your Side (One of the coolest bands to see live, very animated on stage)
U2 : New Years Day (They are amazing live and when you see this performance, you won't have any doubts)
Visage : The Anvil (Super rare live performance, this is well worth the money for the dvd just for this one video)
Wah : Silver & Gold (A band that I didn't know about that really liked from this dvd)
Wall of Voodoo : Tomorrow (Yes, they did have more good songs than just Mexican Radio. :))

Sean
[/quote]

Yowza, yowza, yowza!!!!!! I want!!!!!!!!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby crystal » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:40 am

I wonder if this has ever been released? every onlinestore I checked hasn't got it listed or a 'not available (or similar) remark - the tracklist is ace, the tube was always ace, and I hoped that would be a great start of a new series (like old grey whistle test)... so if anyone knows of any store where this is possible to order, let me know...
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby PhilG » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:50 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by crystal[/i]
<br>I wonder if this has ever been released? every onlinestore I checked hasn't got it listed or a 'not available (or similar) remark - the tracklist is ace, the tube was always ace, and I hoped that would be a great start of a new series (like old grey whistle test)... so if anyone knows of any store where this is possible to order, let me know...

[/quote]

I was lucky enough to purchase this in the import section of a music store here in L.A. Another DVD that's similar is 80s DVD Jukebox.Similar UK groups but all from German TV back in the day.
PhilG
Switchin' to Glide

Postby tomfin2000 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:13 am

I believe that "Preparing for a Fall" by Kajagoogoo is mistitled. It should be "Interview Rooms" which was the B-side to "Ohh to be Ahh".

The lyrics "Preparing myself for a fall" were just part of the song's chorus.
tomfin2000
Take On Me

Postby spohlso » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:56 am

Anyone have any region 1 info about this?
spohlso
Take On Me

Postby dcs84 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:02 pm

I believe this dvd was quickly discontinued due to some type of royalties issue and is now very hard to get.
dcs84
Take On Me

Postby crystal » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:50 pm

at the moment, people selling it at amazon.co.uk marketplace for 99ukp or 100ukp... a real shame there is such a trouble for that brilliant collection - would love to own it, but hell, 100ukp for a dvd? that is insane... hopefully one day things get sorted + the package could be rereleased - does anyone know, how many of those 2dvd actually saw the shelves of the shops???
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:20 pm

I got one. I was surprised to hear it was yanked already. Guess I better treat it kindly!
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Berserker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:58 am

I got this as well. Wow. Better put it behind glass or something.
Berserker
The Jet Set

Next

Return to Music Videos