Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Order news

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

New Order news

Postby schwenko » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:06 am

from worldinmotion.net

* As expected "Waiting for the siren's call" is the next single, expect a release date early August 2005.
* Rhino will be releasing a DVD compilation of all New Order videos, expect two new video from old songs (Ceremony and Temptation) directed by Michael Shamberg. Expect a release date mid September 2005. Sleeve will be done as always by Peter Saville.
* New Order did film the show in New York during their mini US tour 2005, Hyde Park yesterday was filmed as well. There is some possible plan for a DVD release of those two shows later in the year, an indoor and outdoor experience.
* No live date expected so far after July 31.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:29 am

Wow, dit the..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

...especially #2!
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:55 pm

Yay! Hopefully Rhino will include ALL of the videos, and not a garden-variety best-of.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:17 am

Awesome news!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:06 pm

The track listing for the upcoming New Order DVD:

Confusion
The Perfect Kiss
Shellshock
State of the Nation
Bizarre Love Triangle
True Faith
Touched By The Hand Of God
Blue Monday ‘88
Fine Time
Round & Round
Run
World In Motion
Regret
Ruined In A Day
World
Spooky
Crystal
60 Miles An Hour
Here To Stay
Krafty
Jetstream
Waiting For The Sirens’ Call

Extras:
Round & Round – USA/Patty
Regret – Baywatch
Crystal – Gina Birch version
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:48 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by kimiiii[/i]
<br>I must own this within 2 seconds of its release!
[/quote]

I have to tell you Kim: this DVD will own YOU! And rule too.....[:p]
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:49 am

Marvy already has some of his funds set aside for these magnificent gems of goodness [8D][8D][:D][8D][8D]
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:49 am

[quote]Regret – Baywatch[/quote]
?????? Never new there was an association.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:16 pm

http://www.worldinmotion.net/newsroom/p ... eritem.jpg

here's a small (and I do mean small) picture of the DVD cover
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:46 am

Just got a e-mail from deepdiscountDVD that this was shipped to me today. Total damage = $16.63 (total)
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:39 am

I got the dvd today guys and it's great because it's pretty complete. The quality for the New Order Story was pretty good. The video collection itself, I have a few complaints. The first video, "Confusion", has a video glitch about 1/3 of the way down from the top. It's rather noticeable. I can't understand with the technology today why they didn't fix that. Being the first video on the dvd, people usually judge the whole dvd by that. Another problem is on the "Perfect Kiss" video. There's an audio glitch when Gillian turns on the synths. I thought it was intentional but when I watched the New Order Story which had the same video on it, there was no audio glitch. Of course, this is the second track on the dvd so I was really worried the rest would be bad but I didn't catch anything else from that point on. Man, a label as large as Warner Bros. should have someone do quality control and watch the master before they press all of these. I would have gladly done it.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:47 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sean[/i]
<br>I got the dvd today guys and it's great because it's pretty complete. The quality for the New Order Story was pretty good. The video collection itself, I have a few complaints. The first video, "Confusion", has a video glitch about 1/3 of the way down from the top. It's rather noticeable. I can't understand with the technology today why they didn't fix that. Being the first video on the dvd, people usually judge the whole dvd by that. Another problem is on the "Perfect Kiss" video. There's an audio glitch when Gillian turns on the synths. I thought it was intentional but when I watched the New Order Story which had the same video on it, there was no audio glitch. Of course, this is the second track on the dvd so I was really worried the rest would be bad but I didn't catch anything else from that point on. Man, a label as large as Warner Bros. should have someone do quality control and watch the master before they press all of these. I would have gladly done it.
[/quote]

Sean- I just got home and in my mail was "Item"! I just watched Confusion and PK. Yes you are right there seems to be a glitch about 1/3 down on the screen in Confusion, but really I only saw it maybe 3 times, 5 nanoseconds each time. Not sure I would have noticed it if I hadn't watched very closely and/or read your comment. It is still a GREAT video, perhaps my fav NO video (NYC in the mid 80s, the pizza girl, graffiti-laden subways, Barney when he was 50 pounds less!!, the World Trade Center, NO taking a taxi to the gig, getting patted down by security[:D]).
And yes, there is a picosecond aural glitch in PK.
The 2 DVD set comes in 2 separate DVD cases (contained in an outer paper box). My DVDs were in the wrong slip cases when I opened them; BFD!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:00 am

Oh man, you guys are killing me. Mine are still halfway through a 7-10 day media mail transit. What a retard I am for trying to save a couple of bucks. Do they have that one song that goes bompa-bompa-bompa-bompa?! [:o)]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:24 am

My speakers are about to blow up!!!
The volume is 12 and my landlady has called the police!!
I'm watching the 2 NEW NO videos!! And they are great !! Ceremony is totally incomprehensible (plot-wise), and in the CLASSIC NO style, the band only appears in an old photograph.And then there is Temptation. This is a 6+ minute version, and is titled The Temptation of Victoria.
It starts out in black and white with a mademoiselle walking the streets of Paris. She goes into a record shop (yes, records, not CDs) and you KNOW what will happen; she pulls out the 12" Temptation single, and STEALS IT!!![:D] She brings it home, plays it, and TOTO WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE, the video is now in color[:D]. She starts dancing, quite ineptly, but nonetheless, she's got class, she's got style and she's got goood musical taste!! Forget abouy Julie Delpy [:p]
The booklet for A Collection has some very interesting liner notes written by Michael Shamberg, who seems to be responsible for most of the NO video product. He provides some interesting insight indeed.
And he says that while he was supposed to make one of the new NO videos, he ended making 2, and he may make a 3rd! I say "Bring It On"!
Gotta go run 10 miles to cope with this massive catecholamine, cytokine surge!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:25 am

I knew Apple Computer was cool, but New Order fans as well?! I just go this link in my Quicktime newsletter. The newletter article is more touting the use of Quicktime technologies in "Item" rather than espousing New Order but still! [:D] There's some video streams here, nothing new for afficionados but cool...

http://www.rhino.com/retrovid/VideoKeep ... =quicktime
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Next

Return to Music Videos