Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

MV3 Episodes....

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Postby swerve » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:33 pm

Pat Benatar - You Better Run

Further research confirms this as actually being the second video ever shown.

The Split Enz video mentioned above was played the first day.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby bhs82 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:26 am

WaverBoy,

At present, I do not have a DVD burner. There were a couple of people interested in getting CDs (1 vid per) containing clips in digital format, and were gonna pay me for my efforts, but I haven't heard from them lately, nor have I had the time to do that burning.

I think for most, their memories are fond and strong, which creates that desire to have the clips, but once they've seen what is posted online, their appetites are satisfied.

The originals are of better quality, naturally, but I think that the online vidz suffice the recall. Until I get a DVD burner, I would be willing to burn these onto CDs.
bhs82
Switchin' to Glide

Postby bhs82 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:54 am

PS

If you watch the vidz (like "No Touch"), you will see the screen that they played on was Art Directed to look like / mimic a giant TV screen.

As for me, I watch those vidz and feel like it was yesterday, - until I see that screen and the big old Dial (as you would have used to change channels on ancient model TVs). Then I feel dated!
bhs82
Switchin' to Glide

Postby coronet3d » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:15 pm

Much thanks for posting those clips. It's funny that as I watch it, the memories come through, even though if you asked me how the intro to the show went I couldn't tell you. But once I see it it's instantly recognizable. My question is this :do you see any company names at the end of the show? I'm going to take a trip to the museum of broadcasting here in NY to see if they have any records on the show. We really should track it down to see if the tapes are still in existance. Forget the DVD, I'd like to see the show run on FUSE!
coronet3d
Running Up That Hill

Postby coronet3d » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:18 am

Yet another strike out in the quest for MV3. The Museum of Television & Radio does not have any tapes of the show. In addition I thumbed through several Television Encyclopedias and program guides and found plenty of mention of MTV, but none of MV3. I have seen a book in the past that was an annual and listed practically all of the television programs for sale that year. I couldn't find it on the shelves this time, but I will source and look into it, probably next week.
coronet3d
Running Up That Hill

Postby Blaster » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:37 pm

Every Time I Try to Click on the "Berlin - SEX " Video, I Get the Romeo Void instead...
Anyone else....??
Blaster
Take On Me

Postby bhs82 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:41 am

Blaster...

You are correct. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I've traced the problem. It may take me a day to get it corrected, but when it is, I will post in here.

cheers
bhs82
Switchin' to Glide

Postby bhs82 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:30 am

<MARQUEE><h1>OK, it is fixed!</h1></MARQUEE>

New Link - 03-22-05
http://www.freewebtown.com/mv3vidz/

Blaster, once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

To everyone else, it seems that <FONT COLOR="RED">you now have another video to watch which you have not yet seen!</FONT COLOR>

Cheers

PS - Remember, the original AVI files are nearly a Gigabyte in size, and the high speed wmv files are only 10mb, so naturally the quality reflects that difference.
bhs82
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Blaster » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:16 am

You're Welcome!!

... & while we are on the subject... The Video Posted as "Train In Vain" by the Clash is actually "Should I Stay or Should I Go"....
Blaster
Take On Me

Postby bhs82 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:57 pm

Blaster,

you are batting 1000!

glad to see that people ARE actually looking.

I will change the title - my bad.
bhs82
Switchin' to Glide

Postby coronet3d » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:19 am

I see that the producer/director of the show is Mike Ramsey. Does anyone have any leads on this guy?
Thanks
coronet3d
Running Up That Hill

Postby evelsteve » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:48 pm

Wow,
Love watchin' those video files of MV3!!!!I'm a 70's afficionado myself, but I think one of the greatest times in my life was 81,82,and the year before(1984-1988) what I call the dark ages of pop music,1983.During MV3's airings, My mom and I lived in a one bedroom apartment,in a city called Hialeah, which is NW of Miami,Florida. Yes, even Miami would broadcast episodes of MV3! It was one of the greatest music programs, in my opinion, next to SOLID GOLD,DANCIN' TO THE HITS, THE BLUE JEAN NETWORK,NIGHT FLIGHT, FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEOS,HBO's MUSICAL JUKEBOX, and the occasional AMERICAN BANDSTAND. When my mom took the cable away, I was deprived of MTV, a sad thing for a BIG time music fan like myself. I wasn't there for the first wave of British groups (BEATLES,etc.) but I was there for the new wave thanks to MV3. It answered all my musical prayers for not having MTV or cable. I remember watching an episode where the band FELONY performed "The Fanatic." The drummer of the group had a faced etched into his bass drum! One episode had April asking her co-host if he knew any of David Bowie hits. Another episode had the "It's My Life" video on the big screen by TALK TALK, that being first time I had ever seen it. What a concept, what a show.Glad to see someone preserved some airings. By the way, I have LOTS of NEW WAVE and 80's heavy metal videos to trade if anybody is seriously interested.

<hr noshade color="#999999" size="1" width="90%">
"Ooooh I LIKE it..."
evelsteve
Running Up That Hill

Postby eighties1980 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:05 am

Whoa

Is what I said when my friend evelsteve gave me the link to the MV3 videos. This is great stuff.

In the early 80s I lived about an hour and half north of evelsteve. We didnt know each other yet but we share 70s and 80s memories from south Florida.

In the early 80s, I didnt have cable at my home. My father wouldn't pay for TV. His reasoning was sound though he had this monster of a TV antenna put in 3 years previous. We lived between two TV markets. West Palm Beach and Miami. Using this antenna I saw MV3 on a Miami independent channel on uhf channel 33 or was it 39. Evelsteve says it was on saturdays. I admit that i barely remember watching MV3. There was just to much to do in the early 80s as most of you know arcades, movies, concerts, beach, parties etc..

However, I do enjoy these videos that have been put up about MV3. They make me very happy and sad at the same time. Happy because it was such a good time back in the early 80s. Sad because not only is it over but things have changed a lot. People dont seem as happy and carefree as they did then. Watching the dancers are a treat. My gf and I love to see the clothes. But for us what is most important is the expression of happiness on them. I think we have lost that now. I am hoping that you keep posting these gems from MV3. I want to thank you for taking the time to post them. They are like opening a time capsule. The only thing is I want to be there dancing.

Oh I like it too...

<hr noshade color="#999999" size="1" width="90%">
This post was written in Linux. The free operating system for your computer.

Got Linux?

Get it here:
http://www.distrowatch.com
http://www.linuxiso.org
eighties1980
Running Up That Hill

Postby joefrog91 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:17 pm

Wow, I am the only one of my friends that remembers this show. I live in Waco, TX and I used to watch this every day after school. I first heard Yaz's "Don't Go" and fell in love with that band.
joefrog91
Running Up That Hill

Postby Chris Reed » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:41 pm

[quote]Originally posted by EchoBeach
[br]Anyone have any MV3 episodes taped????

If so, I will pay handsomely for copies.

~~EB~~

[/quote]
Hi
I Have 5or6 episodes on video tape (I will have to find them)
I don't know about paying handsomly but I might trade them for somthing
or you could pay...
Cool
Chris Reed
Chris Reed
Running Up That Hill

PreviousNext

Return to Music Videos