Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

song id very very vague description

song id very very vague description

Postby flatlinepunker » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:50 pm

okay, this is a rare song, ive only heard it twice, once on Rodney on the Roq and in some vintage clothes store, and i dont think anyone will know what im talking about, but i might be able to narrow it down to artists. the song has a very heavy synthesized bass intro almost it so low that you can barely hear the song starting, it almost has a distorted sound to it, and it continues throughout the entire song, i wanna say its from the mid to late 80's but who knows? the bass is so heavy it almost drowns out the rest of the music, all synthesized of course. if anything stands out in your mind that reminds you of a song with that kind of feel, just post the artist and title, and i'll check and see if its the same song. thaks for bearing with me

oh and just to add to the torture, for anyone who watches southpark, i think the song is playing in the background in the last episode when theyre sitting in the goth kids' room

Edited by - flatlinepunker on 12/15/2003 00:28:52
flatlinepunker
Running Up That Hill

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:49 am

When it comes to distortion and feedback (the ear-piercing kind) Jesus and Mary Chain springs to mind. They were mid to late 80's. Check their song "Cracking Up".

Not familiar with the Southpark episode, but shouldn't the song/artist be mentioned in
Dave
The Jet Set

Postby retroman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:38 am

What about Shriekback. They have very distorted, bass lines. Even one song is called "My Spine is the Bass Line". Also, "Fish Below the Ice" is very distorted and hard to hear the words. This is my best guess.
retroman
Take On Me

Postby flatlinepunker » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:19 pm

[:D] okay im an idiot, and u can boo me after this, but my search is over, and the song ive been looking for is actually a recent song from one of those bands trying to bring back the old synthesizer sound, the song is called Such Great Heights, by a band
flatlinepunker
Running Up That Hill

Postby stormkpr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:36 pm

Which version of Such Great Heights were you describing? The one on the Postal Service album isn't like you described, but I know there's an EP floating about with some remixes.
It is truly a great pop song.
stormkpr
Switchin' to Glide

Return to Help Me Identify This!