Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Need to identify club song

Need to identify club song

Postby qzodd » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:27 am

I am looking for the name of the artist and song that was played in the clubs in the mid 80's. The singer was oriental and she sang in French. A video was made and played at the clubs. In the middle of the song, she sang "oowa oowa". It was a synth-pop dance song. Does any one know of it?
qzodd
Running Up That Hill

Postby Jason² » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:20 am

This is a long shot since I have *NO* idea what song you're talking about - and this is even the wrong gender - but the only Asian musicians I really thought were in that category would have been Frank Chickens.

Unless, of course, you mean Yoko Ono.
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby jetboy » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:48 pm

I remember the Sandii & The Sunsets hit 'Sticky Music' around 1984, but don't recall any French in there. I may be wrong though.
jetboy
Take On Me

Postby Plata66 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:48 pm

Could be Telex-L'Amour Toujours or YMO's-La Femme Chinoise both could fit the bill.
Plata66
Take On Me

Postby lysistrata » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:18 am

I found the song. It is "Marcia Baila" and the artist is Les Rita Mitsouko. ANy chance that someone has a copy of that? My vinyl was ruined many years ago. Also, any possibility of the video? It would definitely send me back to 80's heaven.
lysistrata
Running Up That Hill

Postby Maria » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:29 am

[quote]Originally posted by qzodd
[br]I found the song. It is "Marcia Baila" and the artist is Les Rita Mitsouko. ANy chance that
Maria
Switchin' to Glide

Postby rewind » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:40 am

FYI, Les Rita Mitsouko is just the name of the band - the singer's name is actually Catherine Ringer and she, along with cohort Fred Chichin, is French (not Asian, although she was costumed in Asian garb in the "Marcia Baila" video).

Do yourself a favo
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby dj doug » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:01 pm

just played it the other night, dont recall 12" cover but i think she was asian. try Les Rita Mitsouko - Marcia Baila
dj doug
Running Up That Hill

Return to Help Me Identify This!