Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

help with these lyrics anyone?

help with these lyrics anyone?

Postby Rayyvyn » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:59 pm

been looking for this forever.alway thought it was titled YOUR GOD HATES ME",no clue on band,so would need both to try to find copy of song.heres some of the lyrics
New york life, 1926, it all looks so different, you starved your telephone, now your servants cant bring you messages, the open fields,......another cigarette almost gone when the morning first breaks...you cant help it, if you get out of bed, you might be....we used to be lovers a long time ago<twice> your god hates me, he cant feel my breath, he leaves me panting like a dog at the end of your bed, etc...
thats what i can remember of it, used to have it on an old copy from charles laquideras big mattress show, but that finally broke..lol
*any help would be beyond cool!*
~Rayyvyn~
Rayyvyn
Running Up That Hill

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:47 pm

The "1926" gave it away and was an easy search: Thalia Zedek "1926"?
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:52 pm

...although now I'm thinking maybe it's a remake, and now i'm extremely piqued about both! Quote from http://www.thestranger.com/2001-10-04/music.html :

>>>"Your god hates me/ He can't feel my flesh," ex-Come frontwoman Thalia Zedek sings on the artful
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby WhenEnRome » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:00 pm

Thanks so much folks ! yeah, since this came out back when i was in high school, thalia's is obviously a remake. so now i am in search of where and under what gary <from "V"> recorded it under, the article doesnt really say..lol. i always knew it must h
WhenEnRome
Running Up That Hill

Postby hm3093 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:55 am

You can download the original version on one of Thalia Zedek's unofficial fan sites.

http://members.cox.net/inferiority/thal ... ounds.html

[:D]
hm3093
Running Up That Hill

Postby MikeP » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:33 am

Thanks for the link! Really nice song -- both renditions. I guess the band's name is officially V; (with the semicolon) and the track comes from an EP called [i]So![/i] released on Propeller Records in 1982. Tough one to search for but there are copies fo
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:06 am

You guys are awesome. This is the best part about this board - discoverying new music all the freakin time!

PS. I find that the best searching aid is to use multiple quotation marks within a single search like: "god hates me" "1926 music"
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby GARY » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:10 pm

"1926"
i saw you older
it looked like death had been
at your face
another cigarette
almost gone when
the morning first breaks
too many people
too many people