Site Announcements
Congratulations to
Bellenger1981

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

trying to identify a song and artist

trying to identify a song and artist

Postby zaner94549 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:52 am

I'm a newcomer to this website, but am a child of the 80's/new wave music. I am trying to identify a song and artist so I can track down a recording, but unfortunately remember only the music. I am hoping some of you might be able to help. The song was all synthesized music (included laser sounds), along the lines of Blanc Mange (Don't Tell Me) or Soft Cell (Sex Dwarf). Vocals were male, but definitely secondary to the music (the music is more prominent, which is probably why I don't remember the lyrics). Male's vocals were deeper toned, I believe had a Brittish accent. I can't write music, but if I were to try to map out the recurring beat in the music on paper, it might look like the following, reading from left to right and the dash(-) meaning to hold out the note (represented by the 1) for an extra count (the underscores just space out timing):

____________1
_____________1
____1_________1
___1
1-1_______1
_______1-1_1
_____1-

I know it's obscure and a long shot, but any ideas??
zaner94549
Running Up That Hill

Return to Help Me Identify This!