Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Help me identify this song please

Help me identify this song please

Postby Darko1974 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 am

What's the name and artist of this song?

http://www.4shared.com/audio/KuLUN8wf/mn86_61.html

Anybody knows? Maybe the title is "you're my heart and fire"?
Darko1974
Running Up That Hill

Postby cispas » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Hmmm, not "You're My Heart And Fire" but possibly "You're My Heart's Desire" ?...
cispas
Personal Jesus

Postby daydreamer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 am

Maybe robert-msk knows it meanwhile, as I definitely seem to have spotted similar snippets on his personal 4shared =)

(I recognize the 56 kbps bitrate, no doubt :D)

Darko: is this your 4shared?! (well I got my doubts)
daydreamer
Take On Me

Postby robert-msk » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:26 am

Hi, daydreamer you are in the true.[:)]

This is one of my unkwnown songs, and the history is this: I passed some of my unkwnown songs to a spanish friend (x), and this (x) to another of his spanish friends (darko)... and now "darko" wants to know also this songs...

Darko: La mayoría de mis desconocidas creo que o ya las he colgado o ya han sido colgadas en este foro. De todas formas si quieres estate atento porque seguiré insistiendo con las que aún no han salido y colgaré alguna que puede que aún no halla puesto.

(In English): I think a good part of my unkwnon songs have been already uploaded in this forum. However pay attention (if you want) because i will continue insisting with the ID's not identified yet a it's possible I upload some new in this forum.
robert-msk
Take On Me

Postby daydreamer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:53 am

Thank you for the summary.

Yes, what I want to avoid is that we get same requests for already solved songs in a sort of "infinite circle". That's why "inter-communication" should be working quite a bit at least.

BTW: The song was already solved elsewhere (no, not by me)
It is:
-----------------------------------
"Desire" by Endgames (1983).
-----------------------------------

robert-msk I think you requested that one long ago, and it was even solved :)
Otherwise we would have found it in YOUR share, where it isn't anymore, thus most likely solved many moons ago :)
daydreamer
Take On Me

Postby robert-msk » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:41 am

It's possible daydreamer, it is (or was) one of my much unknowns... if you had used 4share you will know that each pack that i upload is a folder, so when a song or several songs of this packs is discovered i try to keep this folder for some time for people interested on it, but finally i need to delete (or update) folders because my 4share is full and i need to clarify with so much id's...

I didn't remember this song and I can't to review now among all my solved songs, messages, forums, tracks ..... . Sometimes somebody question me about an specific id and if it was solved and i get to find it i tell the name without problems (somebody who is reading this know it..), but it's not easy, i have lots of id's.., sorry.

PD: I would like to administrate my OWN id's freely, and if someone is interested on them simply have to visit the forums normally to know the answers. Now (that i know this problem) i try to trasmit the solutions to all the forums where i upload id's: http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29085
robert-msk
Take On Me

Postby daydreamer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 am

robert, you can truely read thoughts. :)

Frankly, I too had once thought about such a sort of "lookup table" where all the original unmodified filenames (be they as silly as they are) are listed and then the solved song next to it, so that everyone who stumbles on these kinds of samples can stop racking his brains once a solution is there, even for years to come :)

It might sound a bit over the top, but if you guys are aware HOW MANY times these have been reposted all over the internet through 6 years, you will know why I hold on to the silly thought of this making some sense [:p]
daydreamer
Take On Me

Return to Help Me Identify This!