Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Help Me Identify This!

Help Me Identify This!

Postby bigbanglovesong » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 am

Dear Fans Of New Wave And Modern Rock,

Please help me to find the song described below, and the band that performs it,with album if possible, because I can't seem to remember their name or album where this song comes from. Played often (all the time) in the WLIR or WDRE Malibu Nightclub Modern Rock Dance Party, Long Island,New York(or Party Out Of Bounds) between 1989-1994, with Depeche Mode sounding voice, and Malibu Nightclub Dance club beat, I can't find the song anywhere. I thought it's name was "Magic" or "Tragic", but couldn't find it. The lyrics go as follows; (one stanza;)

"...it's tragic all alone in your bed, with no companion but a needle and thread, it's tragic when a life comes to an end,
girl that took you, girl that moved you, girl that told you that she loved you, girl that told you that she loved you,
(next stanza;)
"...It's magic when you meet in your dreams the girl that busts all your trouser scenes, it's magic when you find on your tongue a taste that reminds you of when you were young, and it's magic when you hold in your arms the girl that loves you,..
(ending bridge or chorus;)
"it's sad, when love comes to an end, it's sad when loves comes to an end, it's grand, when love becomes your friend, it's grand, when love becomes your friend,it's sad, when love comes to an end, it's sad, when love comes to an end." (chords continue until the beat ends.)

Any help you may offer in revealing the name of the band, the song name , and the original album where the song title appears I would greatly appreciate. I can't believe everyone forgot about this song. This song sounds great on radio, would sound great as an mp3, or CD or audio tape, is worth buying and is too good to be forgotten. Thank you very much in advance. Please send reply with answers by e-mailing me at imalia@msn.com or post on the New Wave Outpost Message Board. Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

bigbanglovesong
imalia@msn.com
bigbanglovesong
Running Up That Hill

Postby NewWaveKid » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:03 am

I don't know what it is, but!
You could always copy & paste the lyrics on a google search and I think the song your looking for would come up. Just saying [:)]

-- Don't Stand So Close to Me --
NewWaveKid
Take On Me

Postby zill » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Cud - Magic

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o8uQySi8gpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
zill
Room at the Top

Return to Help Me Identify This!