Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Stay (The Second Time Around) [Solved]

Postby Analoge Mechanik » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:59 pm

[:0]

But that's Andy Nkanza, vocalist from Zero LeCrêche singing!!! Oh my, I didn't know that he went out to form Boom Boom Room. If it turns out to be this one I will be pulling my hair out...

But that would be so great news[:D] Let's see if they answer Panorama's question. I will do my best also to check every song by these guys. Fingers crossed!
Analoge Mechanik
Personal Jesus

Postby water7 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:33 pm

For everybody the 12" BOOM BOOM ROOM "HERE COMES THE MAN" 6:23 min

Vinyl Rip 192kbt/s

http://rapidshare.com/files/168373414/H ... m_room.mp3

well at the moment the details are very few and far between! The band started in 1985 and the main members were:

Skid Andy Lushi

with help from Charlie Morgan, Ian Trimmer and Martin Hooker. They recorded some demo's and released their debut single on Fun After All Records..... This was 'Here Comes The Man' which became a cult classic and was soon spotted by a few majors. It was in 1986 that they signed to Epic. Here Comes The Man was repackaged and re-released on the general public!

Three singles and one LP later they were gone!Skid Solo was the Keyboarder of this Band! The Synthis are so similar nearly !
water7
Switchin' to Glide

Postby water7 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:49 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Analoge Mechanik[/i]
<br>[:0]

But that's Andy Nakanza, vocalist from Zero LeCrêche singing!!! Oh my, I didn't know that he went out to form Boom Boom Room. If it turns out to be this one I will be pulling my hair out...

But that would be so great news[:D] Let's see if they answer Panorama's question. I will do my best also to check every song by these guys. Fingers crossed!
[/quote]

Andy Nkanza was a member of Zero LeCreche in 1984!..Him moved out from this Band 1985 and get a member of BOOM BOOM ROOM!
The new Singer of Zero LeCreche in 1985 was Jamie Lord

Some B-Sides are not released on Stretch LP!!!!

B-Side from "Here comess a man" "Days like this" not on Album!
B-Side from "Take your time" Magic Boy" not on Album!
B-Side from "Love your face" Texas Blood+Idiot Skies" not on Album
B-Side from"Julie" "Still together+Lady Jane" not on Album
water7
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Retro_NRG » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:41 am

Heh, while we're in a giving mood[:D]

Here's <a href="http://www.zshare.net/audio/520359859bbcb406/" target="blank"> Love Your Face</a>

Love this WLIR classic!

Cheers![;)]

<MARQUEE><h5>Moving @The Speed of Life</h5></MARQUEE>
Retro_NRG
The Jet Set

Postby water7 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:56 am

I have download the Full Album "Stretch"from 1986

Its a very nice Album,but the Song for we are searching is not recording on this Album!
Last chance some B-Side on a Remix Record,or some Demo Tape from this Band are not pressed on a record.
water7
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Analoge Mechanik » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Okay, another good possibility almost definitely scratched [:(]... this will never end. Btw, could you post a link to the Stretch album? Seems pretty difficult to get these days!

Thanks!
Analoge Mechanik
Personal Jesus

Postby water7 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:53 am

BOOM BOOM ROOM "STRETCH" FULL ALBUM 1986!

http://rapidshare.com/files/168907993/B ... H_1986.zip
water7
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Retro_NRG » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:07 am

Much thanks![:D]

However, if these guys (BBR) are NOT the correct artist, perhaps we should then move our posted shares to the Obscure 80's forum.
(just a suggestion..)

<MARQUEE><h5>Moving @The Speed of Life</h5></MARQUEE>
Retro_NRG
The Jet Set

Postby water7 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:08 am

gazebo says...

thanks for your mail. It's right that I don't update all details of my site
as usual as in the past (working & studying take a lot of time). On the
other hand I don't have any new information on that. It's definetly
broadcast by a German radio station but I can't say which station cos I
don't know the exact year (if it's 1984 it's probably "Hessen 3" and if it's
1986 it's probably "NDR 1"). The problem with the year is that I re-recorded
part of audio tapes later. The tape which include "Stay" has material
certainly from 1984 and other material certainly from 1986. The track is
exactly between tracks I can track down the year so for this track both
years may be right (but it can't be 1985). According to the style and type
of music I prefer 1986. Is it a German singer? Do you hear any accent? Till
late 80's most German singers are recognized outside Germany as German
singers cos it's just a second language you begin to learn when you are 11
years old. From the late 80's German music gets out of this "amateur
section".

I read before that this Song from a german radio station HR3...its a station nearly Frankfurt/Germany.and in the programm from SOUNDS FROM SYNTHESIZER"

This Originalprogramm "SOUNDS FROM SYTHESIZER" now actually replay every Night from 0:00-2:00 a.m. german Time on Radio Jena.You can hear that Channel on Internet too.All Mastertapes from "Sounds from Synthesizer"from 1983-1985 comes as a original replay!
Here the link to the Radio Station and Player..

http://www.zono.de/

Here in German Language Information to "Sounds from Synthesizer"

Am Sonntag, dem 2. Januar 1983 ertönte erstmals beim Hessischen Rundfunk die Signation hr3-Top Time und Volkmar Krammarz machte den Auftakt zur Radiosendung Sounds vom Synthesizer, die in den folgenden Jahren zu einer Kult-Sendung und zum familiären Fixpunkt der sich noch in den Kinderschuhen befindlichen Rhein-Main Technomusik-Szene wurde.

Vierzehntäglich Sonntags um 21 Uhr wurde die Sendung ausgestrahlt, bevor sie Anfang 1986 der neuen Programmstruktur des Dritten Hessischen Hörfunkprogrammes weichen musste. Vor allem unter ihrem Moderator Rainer Sauer, der ab Juli 1984 den zur 'Deutschen Welle' wechselnden Volkmar Krammarz ersetzte, erreichte die Sendung einen Status in der deutschen Elektronik-Musikszene, dem nur noch die WDR-Sendung "Schwingungen" mit ihrem Moderator Winfried Trenkler gleichkam.

Ausgedacht hatte sich das Sendeformat Anfang der 1980er-Jahre der HR-Musikredakteur Jörg Eckrich. Nachdem sich Bands wie Kraftwerk oder Tangerine Dream national wie international etabliert hatten, vermutete Eckrich, dass die Zeit reif sei für ein Hörfunkfomat zum Thema „Elektronische Musik“. Da dieser Begriff aber schon für die elitär-experimentelle Musiksparte belegt war, kam der Hessische Rundfunk auf den Begriff der „Sounds vom Synthesizer“. Startschuss für das neue Format im Programm von hr3 war im Januar 1983. In dem promovierten Musikjournalisten Volkmar Krammarz aus Köln fand Eckrich den geeigneten Moderator für seine Sendung. Krammarz führte das Format ein und ab sofort waren im Radio Synthesizer, Electronic-Drums und Computersampler zu hören. In knapp 40 Sendungen stellte Krammarz ausgiebig sowohl die Musik, als auch deren Protagonisten vor.

Der aus Frankfurt am Main stammende Journalist, Sänger und Elektronik-Musiker Rainer Sauer (Velvet Universe) war zu dieser Zeit ebenfalls Moderator einer Radiosendung über Synthesizermusik. Diese war jedoch nicht in Deutschland zu hören sondern in Italien bei Radio Centafiory und hieß "EMMIG/Electronic Music Made In Germany". Sauer moderierte diese Sendung in englischer Sprache und war damit die erste Wahl für Eckrich, als der einen Nachfolger für den nach Köln wechselnden Volkmar Krammarz suchte. Seine Bedingung: Sauer sollte der Sendung ein neues Profil geben, mehr Interviews mit internationalen Künstlern führen und damit neue Hörerkreise erreichen. Den SvS gelang es in der Folge, so unterschiedliche Bands und Interpreten wie Propaganda, Klaus Schulze, Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Howard Jones, Michael Rother, Ash Ra Tempel, Kraftwerk, Art of Noise oder Spliff ins hr3-Studio zu holen und in die heimischen Wohnzimmer zu bringen.

Eine weitere Besonderheit waren Specials wie die regelmäßigen Serien "Per Anhalter durch die Synthesizergeschichte", "We are Producers" oder der "Electronic Poll", die jährliche Wahl der besten Synthesizertitel und -künstler. Den größten Erfolg hatten die Sounds vom Synthesizer jedoch mit der Nachwuchsförderung "Neue Leute braucht das Land", die vielen Musikern und Projekten den Weg zu Erfolg und Plattenvertrag ebnete. Als größte der SvS-Entdeckungen gilt die Band Camouflage ("Love is a shield"), im Sounds vom Synthesizer-Archiv finden sich aber auch Tapes von Protagonisten der späteren Techno-Szene Frankfurts wie Couleur Trois, Okay!, Michael Münzing und Talla 2XL. Viele erfolgreiche Electronik-Acts aus dem Großraum Rhein-Main bezogen sich später auf die Sounds vom Synthesizer-Sendungen des Hessischen Rundfunks als ersten künstlerischen Einfluss.

Nach dem Ende der Sounds vom Synthesizer organisierte Rainer Sauer unter dem Titel White Waves von 1986 bis 1989 die Frankfurter Synthesizertage. Die alten Folgen von Sounds vom Synthesizer werden heute sonntags von Radio Jena wiederholt und sind jede Nacht im ZONO Webradio zu hören. Durch die große Resonanz auf die Wiederaustrahlung wird es, wie im Frühjahr 2008 angekündigt, ab Oktober 2008 neue regelmäßige Sendungen der Erfolgsserie mit Rainer Sauer geben, die ebenfalls sowohl über Antenne als auch im Internet zu hören sein werden.

Weblink [Bearbeiten]www.soundsvomsynthesizer.de - Webseite der Sendung bei ZONO Radio Jena
Von „http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounds_vom_Synthesizer“
water7
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Analoge Mechanik » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm trying to get in touch with Mr. Sauer to see if he could help... It seems that he really is an authority in 80's german music so once again, fingers crossed.

And thanks a lot water7 and Retro NRG for the Stretch album and the other songs. These deserve to be moved to the Obscure section imo.
Analoge Mechanik
Personal Jesus

Postby Wavedancer101 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:10 pm

@Analoge Mechanik:

I already contacted Mr Sauer some time ago, he told me that he knew the song but he couldn't name the artist..his guess was K Barré who was ruled out a little bit later.

Greetz,

Wavedancer101
Wavedancer101
Take On Me

Postby Analoge Mechanik » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:16 pm

Oops sorry for that. This thread is so rambling...

Water7, could you refresh the topic on the german best of 80's forum also, maybe with the link to youtube? I'm not a member there...
Analoge Mechanik
Personal Jesus

Postby water7 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:32 pm

I thinking the last days about to much for this track we are all searching for.my theorie is that the name from that song are not "Stay" or Second time around" I believe that the ex- member of this loosing Band have Internet at home too...and its also normally that they are checking somethings about herself...maybe thinking somebody talk for a old song on internet...i think for a musican its that interesting..
When this Track is from 1984 on the Radiostation HR 3 and "Sounds from Synthesizer" brodcast,i will believe that the Song is from a German Newcomer New Wave Band and the track is never pressed on Vinyl!!!
In this radio brodcast was many German Newcomer Bands to play her Tapes and Demos,but many never released on Vinylrecord.
When this Song is from 1986 and NDR Radiostation we are get a good chance that the Song is pressed on a record,maybe only as a promorecord.
I am searching on a German Music History where you can found every record there are released in german from 1976 to today!!!
I try many different words..."Say",Second,Time,2nd,Roof Top,Blue Sky...but not found somethings very interesting...

http://dispatch.opac.d-nb.de/DB=2.1/HTML=Y/

You can search here and found every record from the year 1976 to 2008
water7
Switchin' to Glide

Postby water7 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:14 am

its that possibl that the Song can be from the year 1987-88?
or still sure its from 1984-86?

i think the sound its like 1986-1988.....i hear that song about 20 times in repeat modus..i think its not 1984!!!!
and i think that song was not played on sounds from synthesizer...on HR3..because the radio show was still finished on 1985!
from he quality and art of this track i cant believe that this song its ony from a demo tape!!! i think the record,maybe only as a promo record was produced!
i will check on german music history the years 86-88....maybe i an found some interesting track

for me its possible that the song have the name "Don´t go..or Dont´let you go"
water7
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Yachtingtype » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:51 am

I fear this song will never be solved. [V]

While researching I came across the following:

http://www.musicstack.com/item/15684222 ... econd+time

http://www.musicstack.com/item/2979323/ ... econd+time

http://www.musicstack.com/item/8975783/tony/stay

I didn't bother to further research the titles but they look interesting nontheless.
Yachtingtype
The Jet Set

PreviousNext

Return to Help Me Identify This!