Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Over The Red Line....It's Countdown Time!

Over The Red Line....It's Countdown Time!

Postby SonicBoom » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:43 pm

I just heard this song a few hours ago while grocery shopping. The supermarket I shop at seems to have a very eclectic and 80's friendly playlist. This isn't the first time while shopping there that I've heard something I was unfamiliar with, but this time I tried really hard to pay attention to the lyrics. I could only make out a few lines in the chorus.....

We'll Take It Over The Red Line....Don't Lie?.....It's Countdown Time...

That's all I remember aside from that it was a very mainstream rock/AOR type song....almost like something off the top gun or Rocky IV soundtrack. My attempt at googling the lyrics did nothing. Anyone know what song this might be??
SonicBoom
Take On Me

Postby 80s4ever » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:59 pm

SonicBoom, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone in looking for this song!

I work 3rd shift @ a Kroger (Grocery store), and I began hearing this song a few months back (they shift the "soundtrack" every few months it seems, and it varies store to store. I believe it's at the manger's discretion). I'm pretty 80s savvy; especially on songs like this, but I had never heard it before. I was *thrilled*. I jotted down the lyrics I could understand and thought I'd get my answer with one Google search. Boy was I wrong! The only solid lead I got was your thread.

With Christmas almost here, our playlist has changed, and this song has been dropped. So all I have are the few lyrics I scribbled down that first night.

"...this is countdown time, and nothin's gonna change my mind. Gonna go over (over) the red line. Gonna go over (over) the red line."

It sounds like something that would definitely be used in a montage. Maybe like a teen/young adult sports movie like 'Youngblood' or 'American Anthem'. I'd say it's probably more AOR than New Wave, but it does put me in mind of "Don't slow down" by Mr. Mister.

I really hope there's someone out there who can help with this!
80s4ever
Running Up That Hill

Postby swerve » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 am

Has anyone asked the grocery store management who they get the music from? I'm sure this will help lead you to the source with the info. on all the tracks that are programmed.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby rewind » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:41 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by swerve[/i]
<br>Has anyone asked the grocery store management who they get the music from? I'm sure this will help lead you to the source with the info. on all the tracks that are programmed.
[/quote]

Kroger's has used Muzak. You can always check the last 10 songs being played on any of their feeds here:

http://muzakwpn.muzak.com/#
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby mysterio2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Hmmm. Lyrics you two provided sound vaguely like something Heaven 17 would have sung. I listened to their song 'The Fuse,' but no dice.

I wouldn't rule them out in your search, though.
mysterio2
Switchin' to Glide

Postby 80s4ever » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:45 pm

First of all, thank you all for the replies! I really do appreciate them.

- rewind, thank you so much for the link! My store mgr. had no idea what the previous feed was--and even less interest in helping me. I've been randomly visiting the page and hitting the feeds I think it would've been (New Wave, 80s hits, etc.) but so far no luck.

- mysterio2, I researched Heaven 17, and unfortunately they're not it. But thank you for the suggestion.

If I had to describe it I would say it was a cross between "Don't slow down" by Mr. Mister and "Chasing the Angels" (from the Iron Eagle II soundtrack) by Mike Reno of Loverboy.

Thank you all again, and keep the suggestions coming!
80s4ever
Running Up That Hill

Postby 80s4ever » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:54 pm

Still no luck fidning this song, however I came across a Yahoo answers question from a day ago where someone else (also a grocery store employee) was looking for it. She tried using soundhound and shazam with no luck.

She did manage to get the complete chorus though, so I thought I'd post it.

"Everybody who's challenging better get up, I'm taking no prisoners after all this is my day, I'm gonna over over the red line, I'm gonna go over over the red line. I can't lie this is countdown time and nothing's going to change my mind, I'm gonna go over the red line."
80s4ever
Running Up That Hill

Re: Over The Red Line....It's Countdown Time!

Postby InstoreAudio » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:33 am

"Red Line" by Michael Kisur
InstoreAudio
Running Up That Hill

Postby Memosaurusrex » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:52 pm

I work at a grocery store (Foods Co) and I've also been dying to find this song since the beginning of last year! I've asked around my store everytime it comes on but no one seems to know what's it's called or who it's by but I've managed to record most of the song though so if anyone's interested I can send the clip!
Memosaurusrex
Running Up That Hill

Postby ThisFeeling » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:58 am

If you guys haven't found the song yet, Michael Kisur posted a link on his Facebook through which you can download it in its entirety.

http://www.michaelkisur.com/redline.html

Share it with your friends!
ThisFeeling
Running Up That Hill

Return to Help Me Identify This!