Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Late 80s/early 90s French new wave rap song

Late 80s/early 90s French new wave rap song

Postby tonepoems » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:58 pm

I've been looking for this particular song it for about 12 years now.

This particular video aired on an episode of Night Flight. Unfortunately, there NOT a lot of information on Night Flight online, especially from the second run that was hosted by Tom Juarez in the early 90s.

I vaguely remember the storyline of the French video - there was a shady character in a rain coat in a telephone booth, looking around suspiciously as if he knew he was being followed, I think at the end, someone gets double-crossed (and maybe killed) by a woman. It wasn't rap in the sense of hip hop, but more like talking rather than singing, reminiscent of Pet Shop Boys West End Girls.

I remember a lot from this particular episode of Night Flight. The theme was "European cross-over hits" (or something across those lines) and contained the videos listed below which thankfully, I've been able to track from memory!

Other videos in that episode:

Krokus - Screaming in the Night
Nina Hagen - Zarah
Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
Scorpions - No One Like You
George Kranz - Din Da Da
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
Taco - Puttin' on the Ritz
Yello - I Love You
Nena - 99 Luft Balloons
oddly enough, the episode ended with a new song (at the time): U2's Even Better that the Real Thing

And one other detail I remember - before the Yello video, Tom Juarez said something about Dieter Meier (the lead singer) sitting in the middle of the town square counting 100,000 pieces of metal and putting them in a pile.

Anyway, all this to say that for all these years, hints of that French video have stayed in my mind and it's driving me crazy! If anyone can help me track down this last song I will be so happy.
tonepoems
Running Up That Hill

Return to Help Me Identify This!