Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Need help finding a song

Re: Need help finding a song

Postby Modey101 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 pm

rewind and psyklist,
Thanks for the suggestions and for the KROQ broadcasts on 4Shared. “Fire Island” was a great suggestion but it is not the song unfortunately. I did listen to the KROQ archives you provided here and rediscovered some great tracks but did not find the one I’m looking for. :(. After further thought and research, I need to add that the range can now include 1983 but I still think it’s likely in 1984. Someone in this thread asked what month I heard the song. I heard this song just the one time on a recording of an earlier KROQ broadcast. My older brother would occasionally record KROQ. His tapes never stayed around long so I’m sure it was a fairly recent recording at the time I listened to the tape. Jan-Mar or Nov-Dec would be the months that I heard the tape. This means it would’ve been aired on KROQ most likely Aug-Feb. The year was most likely 1984 or late 1983, but less likely 1985. I’m not sure if a larger, more complete KROQ library exists out there, but I’m sure I could find it if that day was archived somewhere. We’re talking a lot of days and hours though! If the archives exist I could narrow it down to the months and year that they aired the song. At this point it may be the only way to find it. All I can say is that it better be worth it! LOL!
Thanks for your help!!!
Modey101
Running Up That Hill

Previous

Return to Help Me Identify This!