Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Desperate for these two...

Desperate for these two...

Postby stormkpr » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:31 pm

Taped off of Live 105 (San Francisco) back in summer of '88 during Steve Masters Modern Mix show...

The first has kind of an 80s darkwave thing, to me it sounds like Sisters of Mercy but synthier.... the lyrics go, "how many people does it take to make a revolution?" ... and then later it goes "don't stand for the government" as a refrain. Any ideas?

The second seconds synthier & even earlier (maybe 82?), and the refrain goes, "we're glowing in the dark again"...

Any ideas?

Gregory
stormkpr
Switchin' to Glide

Postby noyou » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:26 pm

It's an extremely easy thing to connect the output sound from a tape player to the input lack of a computers sound card. And there are tons of free sogftware that will allow you to record to your hard drive. And I'm sure some of us can make available an FTP site for you to upload song segment to so we can all here it.
noyou
Running Up That Hill

Postby Frayo » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:21 pm

Try angelfire, thats what I did for my unknown mp3s. they give you plenty of space and an FTP option based out of their generated web shell. Signup is also easy :)

ME: kajafan86@playful.com
AIM: RaiyoKun (Im online almost all the time)
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby cpitt1 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:17 pm

I know this is like three years later, but one of the songs you are looking for is Experimental Products - Glowing in the Dark. Not sure on the other one, but I'm always looking for Master's mixes. Would be happy to listen to it for you.
cpitt1
Running Up That Hill

Postby Jeff613 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:59 pm

I remember the video to this, whcih I saw in two different clubs, was basically a very abbreviated version of Tron, and it fit perfectly with the music as well. By the end of the video, Jeff Bridges has again escaped back into the real world and has been rematerialized at his workstation. Is there any way to get this thing posted? Can I at least get the lyrics? I have not heard it in fifteen years but I remember the tune and the music as though they were yesterday.
Jeff613
Running Up That Hill

Return to Help Me Identify This!