Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

early 80's Industial / synth with Preacher sample

early 80's Industial / synth with Preacher sample

Postby Mayday » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:06 am

wish I had the sample to play however, can you help? Sorry it all seems so vague below!

The reack was snyth / industrial from pre 84/85, with a screaming preacher calling his people to prayer.
Vocal sample i recall from the preacher include '' Heal all ..heal all, in the name of jesus...I said preacher have i sinned... no I said..place you hand against mind and....the lord said it and i believed it''

Other sample is male spoken '' every single rock n roll record that's been made is about sex''
Mayday
Running Up That Hill

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:07 am

Oh, gosh...I don't think it's Headhunter by Front 242--but the club where I'd dance played these songs together (If I'm remembering correctly).
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby rewind » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:41 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>Oh, gosh...I don't think it's Headhunter by Front 242--but the club where I'd dance played these songs together (If I'm remembering correctly).
[/quote]

You're refering to the Razormaid remix of "Headhunter" which interpolated "Welcome To Paradise" (the track preceding "Headhunter" on the Front 242 album "Front By Front"). "Welcome To Paradise" has a similar sample of a preacher saying, "come in Jesus...Jesus is here...etc."
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:40 pm

Welcome to Paradise! That's it! Thanks for that.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top

Postby Mayday » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:39 pm

thanks...but it ain't 'welcome to paradise'...i must admit, the track i'm after is very much in the style of Front 242 ...i remember recording the track from the John Peel show.
Mayday
Running Up That Hill

Re: early 80's Industial / synth with Preacher sample

Postby javtronix » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:17 am

I too have been searching for this track and taped it from the John Peel show.
This thread is a few years old now - was there an conclusion on who the track is by or can anyone else shed light on it?
javtronix
Running Up That Hill

Re: early 80's Industial / synth with Preacher sample

Postby Freshy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:33 pm

It is the Cassandra Complex - Beyond Belief
Freshy
Take On Me

Return to Help Me Identify This!