Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

PRINCE remasters - finally!

PRINCE remasters - finally!

Postby discoginfo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:11 am

Seems ALL albums from 1978 until 1992 will be given the deluxe treatment, possibly starting with Purple Rain
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... -agreement

/JW
http://www.discog.info/prince.html
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Re: PRINCE remasters - finally!

Postby elviscaprice » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am

All good news, as the hi resolution releases have been out for awhile over at HD tracks. I purchase the 96/24 version of 1999 and it was far better than the poor CD release. Shall be interesting to hear any remasters, but we know how sometimes that can actually be worse?

Elvis

FYI, It would seem from others reviews that the only hi res Prince release worthwhile over the original CD releases was the 1999 album. Purple Rain was not much better.
Last edited by elviscaprice on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Hopefully Prince will be 100% involved with these reissues and will be done properly.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby discoginfo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:20 pm

Haha Prince being involved doesn't necessarily mean that it will be done "properly" in the sense that it will be as fans would want it.... but let's hope!
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:51 pm

How were those Japanese remasters, the ones that came in the replica vinyl card sleeves?
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Luke » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:23 am

obs wrote:How were those Japanese remasters, the ones that came in the replica vinyl card sleeves?

I am very positive about these, I have Controversy, 1999, Purple Rain, Around The World In A Day, Parade, Sign Of The Times and Lovesexy. Artwork is good (vinyl replicas) and they all have OBI strips. No mastering faults like drop outs in the audio etc.

'Till the remasters come up, I have these and my Ultimate Prince 2-CD (with a couple of long versions) set to enjoy!

:D
Luke
Personal Jesus

Postby Spudboy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:48 am

I was really happy with the 3CD Hits collection from the 90's because of that disc of B-sides!! I discovered that my "17 Days" is probably my favorite song by any artist of all time!!!!!
Still looking for my girl with auburn hair and tawny eyes...
Spudboy
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:41 pm

It would be cool if they released two editions of this: one as a Prince and the Revolution set; and the other as a proper soundtrack.

The Prince set would have all the mixes and b-sides, whereas the soundtrack would have the songs that appeared in the movie, such as by The Time, Apollonia VI, and most importantly, Dez Dickerson's Modernaire.

Thanks for the reply regarding JP remasters.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby discoginfo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Modernaire is/was available form his official site as download... good sound quality. While it sounds like Prince, apparently they both co-produced the track...
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby rewind » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:49 am

The only re-issue announced so far is Purple Rain. Then, as Prince says, there's a new album coming out. So you can be sure all his and Warner's marketing efforts will go to support that new material.

And since Prince now owns the rights to his masters and can do what he wants, when he wants, I think it may be a long, long time before we see another catalog re-issue, much less one where the proper effort is put in to satisfy the real fans.

But Eye could B wrong.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby elviscaprice » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:10 am

It's just silly to think waiting has any benefit on an older collection of albums. Better to do it in collaboration with a new release.
Here is the releases in Hi Resolution from HDtracks, most of the early Warners Brothers releases. Even the self titled 2nd album and 1977 first album "For You".

http://www.hdtracks.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=prince
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby discoginfo » Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 am

discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby discoginfo » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:43 am

Perhaps Prince got bored with this project and started on a new one instead.
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby danadotcom » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:02 am

The money must have been good incentive. Or Prince finally got bored with pushing so-so music few people are interested in.
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Postby Neil Kelly » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:36 am

Any release date for this yet?
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations