Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

WIN UH Tears Baby

WIN UH Tears Baby

Postby thunderbird2 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:55 am

I would imagine that this CD is on quite a lot of the Forum's want list , I suggested to Cherrey Red recently and got the following reply ( a bit non commital)

Hi

Many thanks for your project suggestion to Cherry Red. I'm not clear on the licensing issue - at the moment it's not easy to license titles from the majors for various reasons. This appeals to us so I'll look into it!

With best wishes
Tim @ Cherry Red

My dismay was that they licensed Freaky Trigger which in my mind was a lot inferior to the first album which had all the popular tracks and is going for vasts amount of money , surely they would have looked at Tears Baby before doing that one

Wonder why it is difficult to licence , its a shame if majors are making it difficult ( I completely understand if they have plans to do something with them) , I am sure people here would snap up a Fiat Lux compilation or the first three china crisis albums remastered with extra tracks , Secession a dark enchartment or another comiplation of secession , I would love something done with a few of the obscure bands like Cherry red did with the Mood a few years back.

Also amazes me as per one of the recent posts how the same 12"'s get rehashed on compilations like the recent synthpop one. Who curates these things , half of the tracks are not synth pop and i know that anyone of us could curate a much better compilation that would sell . The only people that seemed to have tried are the retroactive series that at least worked with us on suggestions and the first few issues of 12 " 80's

Anyway its the weekend soon :D
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Re: WIN UH Tears Baby

Postby blaaah » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:51 pm

They said the same thing to me four years ago, so think he is bs'ing a bit there. Brilliant cd, was so pleased to track it down for a tenner a few years back.
blaaah
Personal Jesus

Re: WIN UH Tears Baby

Postby Barmy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:08 pm

There are innumerable classics that someone should release on CD. Fiat Lux is probably close to number one but the Win CD is great and can still be found, probably in a better master than CR would do. My problem with CR is that they often release obscure titles but not super-obscure ones. Can't really blame them as this stuff is all available in other formats.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations