Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Thompson Twins " Remixes & Rarities" 2cd set

Re: Thompson Twins " Remixes & Rarities" 2cd set

Postby Surly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:13 pm

I snagged a signed copy at the LA date last week. I think I got one of the last ones (for that particular show; I think they pack a certain amount for each date) because the guy in front of me bought 4 copies and he wanted to inspect the autographs before purchasing. He's probably going to sell them on eBay. There were just 2 copies left after that guy; the rest were sealed. It's a great package - cool liner notes and great sound. I could have done without some of the instrumental tracks, but that's my only complaint.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:32 pm

I also wanted to buy Howard's One to One box set , but that was sold out. Bummer. Any way the TT cd is keeping me pretty happy. It's by far the best collection so far.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby audiodile » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Omar: drop me a note, I have a One to One box set for sale.
audiodile
Take On Me

Postby omar » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:52 pm

I actually ordered one thru Howard's webshop yesterday finally . Thanks though.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby mojowkn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:33 pm

I've been impressed with the copy I picked up at the SLC show. eLeMeNOhPeaQ, great to hear from you ... remember that thread in the defunct other board we worked on for so long? Sounds like youmanaged to recreate it!
mojowkn
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:01 am

I'm also very happy with my remixes & rarities cds. It's kinda still strange that they were available two months prior to their official release at the various shows. By the way that online Complete Singles collection from a few years ago was excellent .
omar
Room at the Top

Postby eLeMeNOhPeaQ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:43 pm

mojowkn wrote:I've been impressed with the copy I picked up at the SLC show. eLeMeNOhPeaQ, great to hear from you ... remember that thread in the defunct other board we worked on for so long? Sounds like youmanaged to recreate it!

Hiya mojowkn! Wow, I do remember that thread. A lot of time went into that. No pics here, though...just what wasn't released on CD or digitally prior to the new Remixes & Rarities compilation.
eLeMeNOhPeaQ
Personal Jesus

Postby eLeMeNOhPeaQ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:49 pm

omar wrote:By the way that online Complete Singles collection from a few years ago was excellent .

I put together a 2 disc set, The Definitive Singles Collection, which included all of Thompson Twins' single versions (UK and US versions where appropriate), a few promo edits (Hold Me Now, Doctor! Doctor! and The Gap) which I re-created from digital sources), a couple key album tracks (If You Were Here and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?), the 4 Babble singles and Babble's last song (Dark Raven, edited by myself) released with The Passion Magazine in 1998. Is that the one you're talking about?
eLeMeNOhPeaQ
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:18 pm

Yes, definitely . Thanks a lot . I noticed that there were two rips of Watching (7"), one with more bass and the other with more treble. I loved the remastering. It must have been a labor of love as all the tracks sounded perfect . If they were to ever put out a definitive cd collection I hope they use your versions.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Neil Kelly » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:22 am

I ordered two signed copies the first of which turned up yesterday!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:34 pm

And? What did you think of the sound quality? I love my cds. They're expertly done. I'm hoping that a similar 7" collection is released soon. In all the previous collections we often get stuck with album versions.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Neil Kelly » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:01 am

Yes it sounds great to me! I also await any further TT comps and will happily purchase them all. Still awaiting the second copy getting a bit worried now. I know Tom has been busy and possibly didn't sign enough before his travels. He's announced another headlining festival in 2015! I want a full UK tour though with a 1.5-2 hour set including Judy do, Politics and many more!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 pm

this is under $10 on amazon now, a good price to get it for.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby audiodile » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Where are you seeing under $10? I'm showing in the US it's $26.99 and UK is £10.35.
audiodile
Take On Me

Postby mgidaho » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:28 pm

3rd party sellers have it for $10.84 on Amazon US.
mgidaho
Switchin' to Glide

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations