Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Siouxsie & The Banshees Reissues On The Way

Re: Siouxsie & The Banshees Reissues On The Way

Postby omar » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Several people on Facebook have already received all four remasters and posted pics, mostly in Europe though. I've ordered mine through CdUniverse. They're really cheap $13 approx.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:32 am

Several people on the Banshees Facebook page have already reported a glitch on Peepshow. Apparently, one track ends with the beginning of the following song, then the following song starts with the end of the previous song. Great quality control, Severin!! It seems impossible to have a Banshees release without something screwed up.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:52 am

I'm wondering if the first batch is screwed up. Wasn't there a delay in the packaging and reassessing the masters?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:55 pm

The only reason I read for the initial delay was because they needed to perfect the die cut sleeve for Looking Glass, so they delayed them all rather than having the release for one be different. Severin had been posting on and on about Peepshow specifically, saying how brilliant the remaster sounds. Looks like he didn't pay too close attention. He now says he's looking into the glitch. I don't doubt there will be a recall and second pressing.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 am

Well now he said that they're looking into the problem in one of his replies with enough people complain about it. Maybe a free download or something... I doubt if they're gonna re-press a bunch of cds.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:48 am

What is the issue? Get a LIFE.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:35 pm

The remasters are now out, but not without their faults. But what would we expect from a Banshees release? The first thing people pointed out were screwed up songs on Peepshow. Track 8 comes to an end but then the next song starts for a few seconds, then abruptly cuts off. When the actual CD changes to Track 9 you can hear the guy doing the "remastering" switch the tape on (it goes from slow to normal speed), playing the last few seconds of the previous track before the correct song starts! Steve Severin posted on Facebook acknowledging the fault and said there are talks going on with Universal about recalling Peepshow. He also stated he was surprised no one of the 6 people, himself included, who allegedly listened to all of the masters in advance didn't catch this. You know, if it was something that was barely noticeable, I could understand that someone may have listened to it and missed it, but I don't think ANYONE actually listened to this dud before it went to production. This is going to be a costly resolution that could conceivably put future Banshees releases in jeopardy. Severin always talks of how stringent and thorough he is regarding his involvement in these releases, though I think all those years of drugging have definitely dulled his senses considerably.

(Screenshot of The Passenger 12". Ouch!):

Last edited by Rubellan on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:22 am

Severin just posted on Facebook that the fixed versions of Peepshow should be available in stores by Nov. 14th. Telling fans to return the old versions back. What about a free download etc. ???
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Oh, the drama. I had posted reviews of all 4 remasters on Amazon and, as expected, the Facebook page went crazy with attacks on me, Severin included. Though today, Severin emailed me expressing how he felt I crossed the line with certain comments regarding him in my reviews, though put it in his usual hateful way. I thought about it a little, reassessed my thinking, then modified my reviews a bit. Severin then insisted I remove any mention of my "brickwalled" comments from my reviews or post screenshots as proof. As a result, I posted screenshots on my Looking Glass reviews on Amazon.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:02 pm

I just got my corrected Peepshow CD in the mail direct from Universal. They literally just sent me the disc in a plain white CD envelope, so I am to use my original packaging. The distinctions between the CD's are below:

These are the numbers from the center of the playing surface of the CD's

Original botched CD:
470 143-0 01 + 53599495 - Total running time 62.27

Corrected repressing CD:
470 143-0 02 + 53636315 - Total running time 62.08

The track change for Track 9 is cut pretty close so some CD players might start the song a millisecond into the song, while others will play it fine.

Scott
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Gary Russell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:50 pm

I have contacted Amazon.co.uk about getting a replacement - as yet they've not responded. Anyone else had any luck with them?
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:30 pm

No, we have a life.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby markwilson » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:08 am

I also contacted Amazon.uk and their response was they were waiting for the replacements and will send them when they have them.
markwilson
Switchin' to Glide

Postby ed4ad » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:29 am

Rubellan, did you first send the faulty disc to Universal?

Do you have an email of Universal?
ed4ad
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:14 am

This is the email I got from Amoeba music, which includes the email address that started things moving. And no, I did not have to send anything back, which was good.

-Hi Scott,

We haven't received replacement copies of the "Peepshow" CD yet, so I asked our buyer to contact our Universal Music sales rep directly to check on the status. Our rep suggested that we have you contact their customer service department directly; just be sure to include your Amoeba.com invoice as proof of purchase, and Universal should take care of you. Their email address is FishersCustSvc@umusic.com.-

The person who responded and carried out the replacement was:

I hope this helps.

Also, an new Banshees collection has been confirmed for January 2015. Severin states all pre-Hyaena tracks are newly remastered, which isn't necessarily a good thing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spellbound-Coll ... spellbound
Rubellan
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations