Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Kissing The Pink - Naked (Cherry Red 2015)

Re: Kissing The Pink - Naked (Cherry Red 2015)

Postby omar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:35 am

Depending on how this sells ,I'm sure future releases are planned. Are any of the bonus tracks vinyl sourced?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:03 pm

from what I understand omar they are all from masters and the quality sounds fine
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks for the info.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:43 am

Release date changed to Oct.30th according Amazonuk.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:37 pm

I placed my order through their website last week and received the acknowledgement. I emailed them today asking when I can expect it to ship since others who preordered it have already received their copy. No response as of yet. Also, when I placed my original order I asked them to toss me in a corrected Fuzzbox CD, mentioned in another thread. I suspect that will be completely ignored.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm not at all surprised at the release date change. Its part of the norm now. A week or two delay is almost guaranteed to happen. Maybe i'm being sarcastic, but how many times have we all suffered the same fate?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:43 pm

I am realised surprised at this as obviously they have had some produced as I received mine early last week . perhaps they did a limited early run. All i can say is that its worth the wait to these ears
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby profil » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:28 am

I'm looking forward to this. Only downside for me is that no version of "Water in my eye" is included. I wonder that nobody has mentioned it so far. They could have skipped "We Are Your Family" which is included on the Wounded Bird CD.
Another -and even better- option would have been to make it a double CD - including all the missing 12"-/ 7"-versions of A-/B-sides:
Water in my eye (12" + 7" + instrumental)
Underage (instrumental) (12" + 7") > is there a not-instrumental version?
Shine
Garden Party
Take On Me

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:35 am

There is a vocal version of Underage, it was on the double CD of Naked that was available from a KTP fan website back in the late 90s, but I'm not sure where it was sourced from. It would have been nice to have had some b-sides rather than 12" versions but the sound is very good and the booklet had all the lyrics, comments from Nick, George and Jo and an illustrated discography. Fingers crossed What Noise will follow.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:01 pm

I just got the CD in the mail today. I've given it a once over sonically and I say purchase with confidence. It's entirely from master tapes, which includes all the bonus tracks. The volume is still a little bit loud but there is still a good amount of dynamic range on most tracks. I was originally concerned when I saw Dave Turner's name in the credits, considering how he squashed the life out of the Naked Eyes, Fuzzbox and Blue Zoo reissues, but I had previously sent a very clear message expressing my concern to the head of Cherry Red, as well as the project manager on some of those CDs, relaying my frustration at the massive brickwalling that had been done. Perhaps it made a difference because this one is much improved all the way around.

The booklet is nice, containing a write up, lyrics and discography. A satisfying package on first sight/sound.

Scott
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:36 pm

BigManRestless wrote:There is a vocal version of Underage, it was on the double CD of Naked that was available from a KTP fan website back in the late 90s, but I'm not sure where it was sourced from. It would have been nice to have had some b-sides rather than 12" versions but the sound is very good and the booklet had all the lyrics, comments from Nick, George and Jo and an illustrated discography. Fingers crossed What Noise will follow.

i have that 2cd compilation.. you're right, there are lots of good extra tracks on there.

does anyone know what track 15 on the 2nd cd is? mine is untitled, and has no other information.
it is 2min:46sec, and 4mb. i can post it if you want to check. it's a brief instrumental.

if anyone needs them. post a message.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Thank you Scott. You are The Master.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations