Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Boomtown Rats

Boomtown Rats

Postby frodis » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:22 am

According to info on www.bobgeldof.info, the Rats catalogue is being reissued by Eagle Records, along with a new "best of"
frodis
Switchin' to Glide

Postby fabfourever » Mon May 05, 2003 4:58 am

cool I always liked their stuff,and they were always one of my favorites as well.I sure hope they reissue my favorite BR album of them all which is "A Tonic For The Troops" I just love "She's So Modern" "Living In An Island" and "Like Clockwork" For that
fabfourever
Switchin' to Glide

Postby orlando » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:03 am

Bob Geldof is a cool guy, Mr. Band Aid. I love the songs "Skin On Skin", "Banana Republic", and "Up All Night".
orlando
Switchin' to Glide

Postby MikeP » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:34 am

There's a new Boomtown Rats comp that looks good. Obscure80's meister Spaz recently created some great 2-on-1 collections of all their albums and that gave me a newfound appreciation for their music -- often quirky and odd at first listen, but they become
MikeP
President Am I

Postby ekahob » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:26 pm

The first three albums were excellent. I hope they add some extra tracks like the b-side "Do The Rat" or the live version of "I Don't Like Mondays" that I have on a promo 12"

Geldoff was once such a rebel.
From "Looking After #1":

"Don't give me l
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby unguarded moment » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:17 am

There's really nothing to differentiate it from other Rats comps. I wish they'd just reissue remastered versions of the individual albums, especially Tonic and Mondo.
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby ekahob » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:13 am

electriclash "The back catalogue of all the Rats albums is also due out soon, we will keep you informed as and when we have more news." and "There will soon be a DVD, The Story of The Boomtown Rats released. Latest news is that it is scheduled for re
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby lackofsun » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:20 pm

'looking out for no. 1' is my faveorite rats tune. first heard it on the great Burning Ambitions double album comp in like 85.
lackofsun
Running Up That Hill

Postby randy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:57 am

Diamond Smiles & Windchill Factor Minus Zero were always 2 of my favorite Rats tunes.
randy
Room at the Top

Postby proufo » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:29 pm

[quote]Originally posted by frodis
[br]According to info on www.bobgeldof.info, the Rats catalogue is being reissued by Eagle Record
proufo
Take On Me

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations