Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

I need help updating the Albums List...any takers?

I need help updating the Albums List...any takers?

Postby MikeP » Tue May 06, 2003 8:54 am

Hi,

Now that the message board is going strong, I'm hoping to enlist in the aid of a few good new wavers to help update the Albums List (and Songs List soon). I have a password-restricted area of my site where I can add and update Albums, but it's not easy for me to stay on top of all the reissues. Additionally, now that the Albums List includes common releases and noteworthy artist compilations, there are glaring omissions in the list that need to be filled in.

Here are the things that you'd be expected to do when adding a new entry:

<ol>
<li>Enter the name of the Artist in proper alphabetical format such as:
Flock of Seagulls, A
Wilk, Scott, and The Walls

(There is a monster drop-down list that contains thousands of already-listed artists, so chances are it's in there and you'll want to select it from here if possible).</li>

<li>Enter Title, Year of release (if known), Original label, Format (generally this will be 'CD', and occasionally 'Vinyl')</li>

<li>Enter Album Notes for anything you wish to add (try not to review or editorialize ... save that for your own personal review that you can make via the Albums List itself). This typically includes comments about a reissue. For example:
"Reissued on Wounded Bird with bonus tracks (2003)"</li>
</ol>

So ... if you're one of those like me and my friends that is always keeping an eye on reissues or has an extensive knowledge and attention to detail regarding CD and album releases (year, label, etc.), please reply and let me know. Oh, and accurate spelling is definitely a plus!

I hope to select between 5-10 members and set them up with a moderator status so they can access this section of the site.

Wave on!
MikeP
President Am I

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations